Pay by Bkk bank debit or credit card?

If i  want to buy someone a laptop on amazon.co.uk that is £1000-2000 is there any difference which card i use to pay for it? 

My debit cards deduct the amount immediately and send me an sms within 30 seconds but  credit card purchases take a few days to show up on my online banking .... 

Do they both use the same fx rate ?

There is also a choice on the checkout page to pay amazon in thb or gbp and the gbp amount is a few thousand baht cheaper according to xe.com so i think the banks fx rate will be better than amazon's greedy rate... ???? 

(delivery address is in the uk so there is no customs duty or shipping to calculate) 

24 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

Unlikely that they use the same exchange rate.

What you have to consider is what other charges each of the card charges. My debit card for example will charge a foreign transaction fee.

I have never noticed a separate foreign transaction fee on any statement but maybe they just bundle it together with the purchase price? 

I remember buying a phone few months ago for $500 on a Thai debit card and they ran out of stock and said it will be 2-3 weeks delay so i said I'll take the refund and by the time i got the refund it was about $460-470 so the double conversion from thb to usd and back to thb definitely took a bite but there is no fx fee  listed on my bank statement 

Both Bangkok Bank debit and credit cards use the card network (i.e., Visa, UnionPay, Mastercard) rate.  If they are both Visa cards the Visa rate applies....if one is Visa and one UnionPay then the Visa rate is used for the Visa card and the UnionPay rate for the UnionPay card.  

For a purchase a 2.5% foreign transaction fee is applied on either their debit or credit card.   

Archived