Private Clinic With Ultrasound Machine In Pattaya

hoyism

You are aware that clinics in the larger cities of Thailand are almost all cosmetic?  Most doctors work in hospitals - where OP department is normally very large and vary in price as the hospital varies in price.  Only Chiang Mai seems to have full time reliable doctors in clinic settings.  Others are often poorly serviced or after hours for government hospital doctors.  Ultrasound is not like an x-ray or even CT scan but is done in real time with doctor adjusting position as they find abnormalities so it should be done by someone who is experienced and knows what they are seeing.  But I have no special medical knowledge.

The issue in Thailand such as what you are looking for is not the equipment, it's having the experience to correctly understand the results! 

Most medical tests I personally find are wrongly diagnosed in Thailand and usually end up in unnecessary expense and treatment.

7 minutes ago, Pdavies99 said:

The issue in Thailand such as what you are looking for is not the equipment, it's having the experience to correctly understand the results! 

Most medical tests I personally find are wrongly diagnosed in Thailand and usually end up in unnecessary expense and treatment.

Nonsense.  Have the test interpreted by another doctor if there is a question. Or look yourself.  I looked at the ultrasound while they were doing it.  Not really difficult. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Nonsense.  Have the test interpreted by another doctor if there is a question. Or look yourself.  I looked at the ultrasound while they were doing it.  Not really difficult. 

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but to spout "nonsense" is naive!

Look at Lopburi 3 comments " it should be done by someone who is experienced and knows what they are seeing" 

My comments were based on my experiences and many comments in Thai Visa forum about Thai Hospitals and misdiagnosing and charging for treatment not needed.

Have a great happy day.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Yeah, right. I have an ultrasound done every year as part of my yearly check-up. I've looked at it myself and I can hardly tell which way is up on it, let alone what some 1mm long anomaly might or might not be.

I don 't know of any stand alone clinic in Pattaya that does ultrasounds, and as has been explained, in Thailand outpatient clinics are located within hospitals. Clinics not part of a hospital are often dodgy at best. The normal place for outpatient care here is a hospital. It is completely different from what you may be used to in your home country.

It is indeed important that the person doing the ultrasound be medically trained and understand the full clinical history.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, Pdavies99 said:

Life expectancy in Thailand is 75 years very close to America at 78.  Medical tests in hospitals are obviously interpreted correctly most of the time. 

If a hospital is large enough and well funded enough to have up to date equipment the same will be true of the doctors who interpret it.  I had an ultrasound done recently on a cyst on my back and the doctor sent it to my phone and we discussed it.  It was very easy to see the problem.  I also had one done on a blockage in an artery which was very easy to see.  Lets all see if we can tell the ultrasound below is. 

baby.jpg

Archived