Saudi crown prince begins second leg of Arab tour

webfact

Saudi crown prince begins second leg of Arab tour

2018-11-26T033048Z_1_LYNXNPEEAP04N_RTROPTP_4_MIDEAST-SAUDI-CROWN-PRINCE.JPG

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is seen during the Emirates Formula One Grand Prix at the Yas Marina racetrack in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates November 25, 2018. Bandar Algaloud/Courtesy of Saudi Royal Court/Handout via REUTERS

CAIRO (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman arrived in Bahrain on Sunday, continuing his first trip abroad since the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Istanbul drew global condemnation.

The prince landed in Bahraini capital Manama on Sunday for the second leg of his Arab tour and was later received by King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa in Sakhir Palace, Bahraini state television reported.

Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler is also expected to participate in a G20 meeting in Buenos Aires at the end of the month, which will be attended by leaders from the United States, Turkey and other European countries.

The killing of Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and a critic of the crown prince, has strained Saudi Arabia's ties with the West and battered Prince Mohammed's image abroad.

He is expected to visit Tunisia on Tuesday as part of his tour of several Arab states.

Tunisian activists have called for protests in front of the presidential palace in Carthage and are trying to mount a legal challenge to stop the visit.

(Reporting by Hesham Hajali; Editing by David Goodman)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-11-26

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

he will convince his coreligionists without much difficulty that this assassination is a conspiracy of the unbelievers against the entire Muslim world

Another Pavlovian response. Did you forget that this is the guy who has severely curtailed the power of the clerics in Saudi Arabia?

33 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Another Pavlovian response. Did you forget that this is the guy who has severely curtailed the power of the clerics in Saudi Arabia?

He curtailed the power of everyone mainly the princes, plus I was not speaking about his own country the OP is about his Arab country tour, so for Pavlov, you could look in in a mirror. He most probably will do what I said in most of the places he will visit, it is his only way he knows it will be in everyone's mind.

Just now, Tchooptip said:

He curtailed the power of everyone mainly the princes, plus I was not speaking about his own country the OP is about his Arab country tour, so for Pavlov, you could look in in a mirror. He most probably will do what I said in most of the places he will visit, it is his only way he knows it will be in everyone's mind.

Please, he made his biggest splash in the Islamic world from curtailing the power of the clergy and letting women drive and movie theaters open. And similar stuff.  All things opposed by Islamists. They are enjoying his travails immensely. Keep in mind that he's the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, not the Caliph of the Islamic world.

15 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Please, he made his biggest splash in the Islamic world from curtailing the power of the clergy and letting women drive and movie theaters open. And similar stuff.  All things opposed by Islamists. They are enjoying his travails immensely. Keep in mind that he's the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, not the Caliph of the Islamic world.

OK continue to believe this propaganda only intended to divert the attention of the Westerners mainly the USA and to make it pass for the absolute opposite of what the Prince is. He continues to imprison the feminists. The true progressives like the prince Al-Walid were imprisoned with other progressives prince under false pretences. The blogger Raif Badawi is in jail since 2012, he was sentenced in late 2014 to ten years in prison, ten years of prohibition of exit from the territory and a thousand lashes for apostasy and insult to Islam. His crime: having pleaded the end of religious influence in the Saudi kingdom, the world's greatest hypocrite Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saoud will let him die under this regular whipping nightmare. Some feminists women militated for more freedom and pay the expensive price. Thrown into prison in the spring, just when the Saudi regime granted women the right to drive, these activists suffered torture. Two human rights organizations, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have collected a number of testimonies detailing these abuses. Five women human rights activists on trial, including  Israa al-Ghomgham, who would be the first female human rights activist to face capital punishment All that under the "good progressist Prince's rule"? (:cheesy: no sorry, rather ????) And why do you think Jamal Khashoggi was assassinated? Because he said exactly what I wrote here and he was not a "little journalist" but an ex-counsellor in the ones in power. I stop now  because not wanting to be too much off topic I hope I was not sinse the Op is about Saudi Arabia's Prince Mohamed bin Salman.

5 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

OK continue to believe this propaganda only intended to divert the attention of the Westerners mainly the USA and to make it pass for the absolute opposite of what the Prince is. He continues to imprison the feminists. The true progressives like the prince Al-Walid were imprisoned with other progressives prince under false pretences. The blogger Raif Badawi is in jail since 2012, he was sentenced in late 2014 to ten years in prison, ten years of prohibition of exit from the territory and a thousand lashes for apostasy and insult to Islam. His crime: having pleaded the end of religious influence in the Saudi kingdom, the world's greatest hypocrite Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saoud will let him die under this regular whipping nightmare. Some feminists women militated for more freedom and pay the expensive price. Thrown into prison in the spring, just when the Saudi regime granted women the right to drive, these activists suffered torture. Two human rights organizations, Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, have collected a number of testimonies detailing these abuses. Five women human rights activists on trial, including  Israa al-Ghomgham, who would be the first female human rights activist to face capital punishment All that under the "good progressist Prince's rule"? (:cheesy: no sorry, rather ????) And why do you think Jamal Khashoggi was assassinated? Because he said exactly what I wrote here and he was not a "little journalist" but an ex-counsellor in the ones in power. I stop now  because not wanting to be too much off topic I hope I was not sinse the Op is about Saudi Arabia's Prince Mohamed bin Salman.

First off, it is not propaganda that he has limited the power of the clerics in Saudi Arabia. That's a fact. It doesn't mean that he's a good person or even fit to rule Saudi Arabia. He's not. I think he's an out of control psychopath. He had made too many huge and impulsive blunders  well before the Khasshoggi fiasco.  

As for his appealing to Islam, there is the fact that reality is against you. So far, I have not read of MbS making any claims that he acted for Islam in the Khashoggi case. Can you cite any sources and links to the contrary? As I noted, your allegation that the Crown Prince would resort to that was entirely Pavlovian and not based at all on the reality or dynamics of the situation.

38 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

First off, it is not propaganda that he has limited the power of the clerics in Saudi Arabia. That's a fact. It doesn't mean that he's a good person or even fit to rule Saudi Arabia. He's not. I think he's an out of control psychopath. He had made too many huge and impulsive blunders  well before the Khasshoggi fiasco.  

As for his appealing to Islam, there is the fact that reality is against you. So far, I have not read of MbS making any claims that he acted for Islam in the Khashoggi case. Can you cite any sources and links to the contrary? As I noted, your allegation that the Crown Prince would resort to that was entirely Pavlovian and not based at all on the reality or dynamics of the situation.

I never ever said he was "acting for Islam" never.  My sentence was: he will convince his coreligionists without much difficulty that this assassination is a conspiracy of the unbelievers against the entire Muslim world.  Meaning him knowing nothing about it. Hence your answer, my answer was Pavlovian.

I gave many examples far from Pavlovian you answered/reacted to none, so the subject is close! :crazy: Bickering is not my cup of teaBye-bye.

2 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

I never ever said he was "acting for Islam" never.  My sentence was: he will convince his coreligionists without much difficulty that this assassination is a conspiracy of the unbelievers against the entire Muslim world.  Meaning him knowing nothing about it. Hence your answer, my answer was Pavlovian.

I gave many examples far from Pavlovian you answered/reacted to none, so the subject is close! :crazy: Bickering is not my cup of teaBye-bye.

There is literally no evidence that the Crown Prince has been pursuing such a strategy. And I didn't address most of the points you raised since they were about condemning the Crown Prince on issues entirely irrelevant to your contention.