CM Immigration Retirement Visa without Embassy letter?

earlinclaifornia

Under current policy you can not use before or after year end.  Hopefully some policy change will be made in the new year but for now you have Embassy letter or use money in account for required period of time.  Almost all Embassies still provide letter.

8 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Under current policy you can not use before or after year end.  Hopefully some policy change will be made in the new year but for now you have Embassy letter or use money in account for required period of time.  Almost all Embassies still provide letter.

While the Embassies have stated they will continue to issue affidavits until the end of the year, the proof of income demonstration is being reported as varying from different offices and here in CM also. Some have renewed extensions with the letter alone, others report being sent back to gather supporting documents demonstrating income. Some have reported presenting documents supporting income without the letter being needed. The American Embassy has been assured by Thai Immigration that the affidavit will remain good for 6 months from date of issue.

This and any/all questions concerning immigration/visa issues are easily resolved for

all of us here in Chiang Mai. One need simply put themselves in the hands of the Assist

Thai Visa folks located in Chiang Mai Land. I've lived here 9 worry-free years while in their

capable hands. Very reasonable fees to enjoy the comfort and convenience of their

services. 

I am concerned that the visa services which provide the B800k seasoned money for you for a fee are being sorted out of the equation.

Those services which simply handle the paperwork for you, but you still must meet the B800k financial goals required seem to be more costly than it is worth. You may need their help for your first extension, but when you have the correct paperwork and can produce the B800k; what is the need for them? 

Of course, I have heard the horror stories of the hours or days of wait at the CM IO just to get the extension; if that is true and the visa services obviate the need for you to be there waiting; it may be worth it.

Now, if the visa services offer a pension guarantee certification process that Thai IO will accept, it may also be a different story.

What are the perceived benefits you see for using the service? 

14 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I am concerned that the visa services which provide the B800k seasoned money for you for a fee are being sorted out of the equation.

Those services which simply handle the paperwork for you, but you still must meet the B800k financial goals required seem to be more costly than it is worth. You may need their help for your first extension, but when you have the correct paperwork and can produce the B800k; what is the need for them? 

Of course, I have heard the horror stories of the hours or days of wait at the CM IO just to get the extension; if that is true and the visa services obviate the need for you to be there waiting; it may be worth it.

Now, if the visa services offer a pension guarantee certification process that Thai IO will accept, it may also be a different story.

This corrupt practice is soon to be knocked on it`s head or may have already done so in Chiang Mai and the sooner the better.

42 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You maybe making an assumption that his visa agent loans him the 800,000, he didn't say he recieved any loan or maybe he sent you a personal message

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

This is like everything to do with the new immigration experience unfolding, until something is issued by the real people incharge everything else is just speculation.

There is nothing to speculate.

Immigration have not made any statements saying they will not accept an embassy confirmation letter. No confirmation letter then it`s the money in a Thai bank method.

Soon if not already implemented, even those using the money in a Thai bank method will be asked to show source of monies going in and out of their bank account for 3 months previous. The authorities are stamping out the corrupt agencies acting as loan sharks to assist applicants in obtaining their annual extensions. Those that do use this method could find their extensions being declared null and void if obtained this way.

13 hours ago, moe666 said:

You maybe making an assumption that his visa agent loans him the 800,000, he didn't say he recieved any loan or maybe he sent you a personal message

Reread what I said. Where do you see me saying or implying he receives visa agent loans?

On 12/2/2018 at 12:51 AM, cyberfarang said:

There is nothing to speculate.

Immigration have not made any statements saying they will not accept an embassy confirmation letter. No confirmation letter then it`s the money in a Thai bank method.

Soon if not already implemented, even those using the money in a Thai bank method will be asked to show source of monies going in and out of their bank account for 3 months previous. The authorities are stamping out the corrupt agencies acting as loan sharks to assist applicants in obtaining their annual extensions. Those that do use this method could find their extensions being declared null and void if obtained this way.

That's all pure conjecture on your part and completely unhelpful to people looking for facts.

Archived