Skin splitting under little toe

NotWhatItWasnt

Do as many Thais do and wear flip flops in the bathroom, keep a pair near the door.  

Better yet is to not let your BR floor stay wet like that, makes a great breeding spot for all sorts of bacteria. If you have your own place, insist that it be mopped and dried rather than doused Thai style.

And put some disinfectant on that, it looks a bit nasty. .

• Like 2

Looks like advanced athlete's foot to me. You can clearly see smaller patches of it on the other toes. So antifungal treatment rather than antibacterial treatment would be needed. It's quite easy to get rid of by keeping the skin dry and using antifungal powder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athlete's_foot

Also, give the bathroom floor a good wash with bleach and dry it after use. And dont share footwear.

• Like 1

I had similar problems once moved to Thailand. My solution was to wash thoroughly every day, rinse my feet with alcohol every day, and then apply an anti-fungal crème every day. The problem disappeared, but you must be diligent and persistent all the time to make sure it does not come back.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

I had similar problems once moved to Thailand. My solution was to wash thoroughly every day, rinse my feet with alcohol every day, and then apply an anti-fungal crème every day. The problem disappeared, but you must be diligent and persistent all the time to make sure it does not come back.  

Agreed Scoutman, my diligence in drying my feet every time they get wet has paid off, the split has almost healed now.

Thanks again to every one who has taken the time to reply  :-)

What is wrong with shoes and socks?
The farangs I sometimes see in open toe shoes have horrible feet covered with scaly growth and toenails fattened and black from funguses.

I always wear shoes and socks except while swimming I wear sandles with socks also. My aged feet are baby smooth, nails clear, and no foot fungus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, NotWhatItWasnt said:

I've been drying my feet after leaving the bathrooms and using Yoki powder and it has started to clear up.

Lucky you.  I had this and no creams would make it go away.  I had to take an oral antifungal + topical cream and it finally cleared up.  Now I wear house slippers everywhere inside the house, because it's not just the bathroom floor where foot fungus can spread.  You're sharing the floor with the whole family (of monks, apparently).

On 12/8/2018 at 4:19 AM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

What is wrong with shoes and socks?

It's hot here.  When I have no choice but to put on proper shoes, I wear toe socks.

• Like 1