Good cheap food

Silent Tiger

43 minutes ago, madmen said:

You've been told already go to soi Buakhao in your Singha vest and flip flops and you will fit in nicely. Lots of them are desperate living on the bread line, they know exactly where to go

so make some friends and gently prod for your answers

Enjoy!

Lol madmen i understand the name now !!! lifes too short to be bitter my friend ????

14 hours ago, Silent Tiger said:

I wish to budget £50 sterling per day which is ok when on a pension !!! I can remember a meal for 30p in 1989 when only main road was central road

50 bucks should be ok. 20 for drink, average 10 each for a breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just don't buy lady drinks for the girls in bar and don't start go to bars from morning and drink all day. 

13 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I guess some people look down on others as riff-raff if they are not eating at the Hilton.....

I have never eaten in Hilton. But a meal for two in one of the Japanese/Korean/Thai restaurant in the mall will cost you 800/1000 baht. A thai sea food Mukada will cost $300/person. McDonalds are also not cheap. The other day I spent 6USD for a meal. I can buy cheaper ($4/5) in thousands of places in the US.

My food budget is average 500/day. Weekly bar visit 1500 baht. Rent 10K, Internet + cell data 2K, Utility 1.5K, transportation - Mostly grab taxi and motor cycle: 1500., etc. etc. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, onera1961 said:

50 bucks should be ok. 20 for drink, average 10 each for a breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Just don't buy lady drinks for the girls in bar and don't start go to bars from morning and drink all day. 

Yes i know m8 thats a 100% no no lady drinks im no 2 week millionaire trying to impress ???? i only drink on a evening also and maybe every 3rd day & thanks