US man so pleased to get back cash left in taxi that he’s moving here

webfact

20 hours ago, madmen said:
20 hours ago, drayger said:
Who in the hell walks around with 310,000 baht cash and if you did how can you be so stupid to leave it in a taxi some people aren't safe to be let out alone. I have a hard job believing this type of story

Maybe because you never had it? . Thousands of people carry sub 10 grand in cash as its not declared when coming through customs

Don't talk nonsense. Many people have access to 300,000 Baht and some may carry it around with them quite safely. Why not? It isn't that much money.

What the other posters are questioning is the re-occuring story of the good samaritan taxi driver and the delighted tourist/foreigner who dribbles all over everyone about good 'ole honest Thais/Thailand - who spout, "I wanna live here now".

Time and time again we hear of passengers leaving money in cabs, and that money, usually a large sum, being returned.

However, we never hear of any passenger that loses the same - but never gets it back. does this mean that all and every Thai taxi driver is honest then?

No. Of course it doesn't - just remind yourself about the myriad of stories about taxi drivers doing all sorts of weird, dishonest, aggressive and indecent things all over Thailand.  do you believe that any of these reported drivers would hand back any cash found? So how come it is only 'honest' taxi drivers that do find money left by 'stupid' passengers?

No wonder that many of us don't believe these 'feel good' stories are truthful?

I'm another one who is very sceptical when I read these articles!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Going to be easy pickings for some lady !

Then he'll find out they are not all the same !

A crappy response like this one receives 26 likes :cheesy: and says a lot about the mentality of many.

Those professional negative thinkers must be very happy in their daily lives! :post-4641-1156694572:

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, drayger said:

Who in the hell walks around with 310,000 baht cash and if you did how can you be so stupid to leave it in a taxi some people aren't safe to be let out alone. I have a hard job believing this type of story

There are many people that have money that will carry around that amount of cash ,if you go out with a group of friends in lets say pattaya ,and you really get drinking and taking girls back to your hotel ,its easy to spend 50k to 60k baht in just one night, so thats about 3 to 4 days of fun in the midnight sun .

• Confused 1

As one that carries large sums of cash with them I totally believe the story.

I have left my wallet and cell phone in taxis here always got them back.

I am sure 1000's of people everyday get in and out of taxis.

Multiply that out and the chances of something like this happening are greater then one may think.

Are there dishonest taxi drivers?  Sure of course.

But, on this one be skeptical if you want, I am not.

Don't talk nonsense. Many people have access to 300,000 Baht and some may carry it around with them quite safely. Why not? It isn't that much money.

What the other posters are questioning is the re-occuring story of the good samaritan taxi driver and the delighted tourist/foreigner who dribbles all over everyone about good 'ole honest Thais/Thailand - who spout, "I wanna live here now".

Time and time again we hear of passengers leaving money in cabs, and that money, usually a large sum, being returned.

However, we never hear of any passenger that loses the same - but never gets it back. does this mean that all and every Thai taxi driver is honest then?

No. Of course it doesn't - just remind yourself about the myriad of stories about taxi drivers doing all sorts of weird, dishonest, aggressive and indecent things all over Thailand.  do you believe that any of these reported drivers would hand back any cash found? So how come it is only 'honest' taxi drivers that do find money left by 'stupid' passengers?

No wonder that many of us don't believe these 'feel good' stories are truthful?

I'm another one who is very sceptical when I read these articles!
Why would there be reports on somebody losing money and not getting it back?

You lose something it's lost. Happens a million times a day in the world.

Handing Back a big amount of money in 3rd world is massive news

I don't think your quite getting it

13 hours ago, balo said:

Another media circus at the police station, why don't they just give the old man back his money so he can give that taxi driver his reward and get the hell out of there?   

Does this happen in other countries ? 

If you recall,in 2018, 5 honest taxi driver stories appeared is less than 3 months, followed by 3 or 4 ''above and beyond the call '' police officer stories '', followed by 2 '' amazing motorcycle taxi driver stories'' ,all with photo opps ....SPIN RINSE DRY REPEAT...the cycle is just starting...

• Like 1