Which Is The Best Pre-paid Phone Card?

sylvafern

Does anyone have any ideas on which is the best pre-paid phone card? My AIS contract is costing a small fortune each month, mostly because of numerous international text messages. I've also had problems receiving and sending messages (messages says it has sent but recipient never gets it) both to Thai and international numbers.

Anyone know which card works out the cheapest (but is reliable), especially for international texts as well as local calls?

thanks

Does anyone have any ideas on which is the best pre-paid phone card? My AIS contract is costing a small fortune each month, mostly because of numerous international text messages. I've also had problems receiving and sending messages (messages says it has sent but recipient never gets it) both to Thai and international numbers.

Anyone know which card works out the cheapest (but is reliable), especially for international texts as well as local calls?

thanks

Try this brand new licenced service advertised in Bangkok Post a few days ago. Just three baht a minute and has a free 15 min starter call

www.deedial.com

Let us all know your opinion of the service.

All three major providers here offer countless packages and promotions with different calling rates (all the time, certain windows, on-net, off-net) and SMS prices (domestic). I suspect international SMS'es are uniformly priced but I could be wrong.

Since you know your calling/SMS patterns and requirements/budget, you are best suited to find the plan that works for you. Pop into a DTAC or TrueMove or AIS shop and talk to them. If you are a current AIS customer dial 1175, press 2 and they can tlak you through the promotions. You can also dial *777 and get promotion details.

How many internaitonal SMSes do you send and receive each month? How much do you currently pay per SMS? What would you like to pay (other than nothing)? Do you require that delivered SMS'es appear to have originated from your phone?

Failure to deliver SMSes, it's not a guaranteed service by the way, is likely due to operator (you) error in properly entering the number, or your SMS settings, or due to SMS gateways getting overloaded. Does this happen often? infrequently? to subscribers on which networks?