Bangkok ranks No 2 of world’s top most visited cities

rooster59

Bangkok ranks No 2 of world’s top most visited cities

Bangkok.jpg

Bangkok ranks second as the world’s top cities for tourism in Euromonitor International’s Top 100 City Destinations 2018 report which was recently released.

Once again, Hong Kong has come out on top with close to 30 million tourists expected to travel to the city before the end of this year and more than half of them will be from Chinese mainland.

According to the UK-based market research company, Bangkok holds on to its No 2 ranking after Hong Kong, with close to 24 million visitors expected this year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-ranks-no-2-of-worlds-top-most-visited-cities/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-12-08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Who is the YOU who keep telling us?

Don't be like that! TAT tells Euromonitor and they spread the manure around on TAT's behalf.

It's simply about sharing lies and BS. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

I wonder why? Is it sex? sex? or sex?

I also wonder why...have those tourists never seen a mall before? Or a temple? 

Guess they come to see the madness down the roads, or the sexy girls who are not prostitutes but pingpongball artists.? 

There's nothing in BKK which is so beautifull i would recommend to others. There are no tourist attractions like Disney or Seaworld or good museums/shows/parks...It's too hot, dirty, overcrowded, dangerous, full of scams/traps...and the nice neighbourhoods are closed for strangers so they can only see the filthy streets, can't even walk around on the sidewalks safely.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, madmen said:

You have lost it. Disney or sea world??

Bangkok is so disconnected from that world I'm shocked anybody could use it in the same sentence.

Bangkok is still mysterious and exotic to the west especially.

Mysterious and exotic,Your 30 day visa on arrival must be nearly up.have a nice trip and see you again.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, madmen said:

Bangkok is still mysterious and exotic to the west especially.

Yes well maybe i got used to it...tourists like to see the insects being sold, strange stuff in chinatown, copycopy goods, tuktuk's, temples, longtail boats. But it's all for young tourists, older ones prefer the beaches and stay in the resort.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 9:39 AM, rooster59 said:

Once again, Hong Kong has come out on top with close to 30 million tourist

Just because tourists landed in airport in bkk it is not Bkk tourists they mostly gone else where 

So it means nothing 

Just another media promoting but who believes it ?????

Just because tourists landed in airport in bkk it is not Bkk tourists they mostly gone else where 
So it means nothing 
Just another media promoting but who believes it ?????
Another one repeating the brain dead mantra.

Use your brain don't be lazy and look up the mastercard stats right here on TV

The average tourist spends 5 days in bangkok before moving on. That's what drives bangkok to the top of the world rankings

It's seems to upset the jungle boys watching their grass grow.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, madmen said:

Another one repeating the brain dead mantra.

Use your brain don't be lazy and look up the mastercard stats right here on TV

The average tourist spends 5 days in bangkok before moving on. That's what drives bangkok to the top of the world rankings

It's seems to upset the jungle boys watching their grass grow.

Sorry but the Chinese tourists are in Thailand in average 6 days so do you think they stay 5days in Bkk??? 

but sorry my brain dead but I don't believe everything I read, do you??? 

Sorry but the Chinese tourists are in Thailand in average 6 days so do you think they stay 5days in Bkk??? 

but sorry my brain dead but I don't believe everything I read, do you??? 

Sorry but I stand by brain dead.

https://www.tatnews.org/2018/10/bangkok-comes-up-top-in-mastercards-2018-global-destination-cities-index/

Now you also have egg on your face.

You need help reading the important bits?

On 12/8/2018 at 10:44 PM, fruitman said:

I also wonder why...have those tourists never seen a mall before? Or a temple? 

Guess they come to see the madness down the roads, or the sexy girls who are not prostitutes but pingpongball artists.? 

There's nothing in BKK which is so beautifull i would recommend to others. There are no tourist attractions like Disney or Seaworld or good museums/shows/parks...It's too hot, dirty, overcrowded, dangerous, full of scams/traps...and the nice neighbourhoods are closed for strangers so they can only see the filthy streets, can't even walk around on the sidewalks safely.

Would you please convince the many guys in line ahead of me at CW and the guys at Big Dogs Nana to go to Seaworld. I would like to get a quick visa extension of stay and a good seat with a beer to watch the Nana professionals go to work. ???? Thank you. 

• Thanks 1