Passport Photos

jezchesters

Go to the Visa Office building and look across the road. You'll find at least three shops doing photos.

Try any mall or shopping centre. hel_l, just about any shop to do with photography should hook you up... Good luck.

Located at the bottom of the stairs leading to the Sala Daeng Skytrain station:

Foto Express Digital Labs

273 Silom Rd

The photographer has a real studio, not just a cheap handheld camera. She'll take a dozen shots, allowing you to choose the pose. She also has a rack of suitcoats, so you can look dressy. Using Photoshop, she'll clean up the image, and then she'll save the file for a future reorder.

Located at the bottom of the stairs leading to the Sala Daeng Skytrain station:

Foto Express Digital Labs

273 Silom Rd

The photographer has a real studio, not just a cheap handheld camera. She'll take a dozen shots, allowing you to choose the pose. She also has a rack of suitcoats, so you can look dressy. Using Photoshop, she'll clean up the image, and then she'll save the file for a future reorder.

Nice one! Can you remember how much it costs?

A couple of tips to make sure you get what you need.

Get the requirements for your country and read them. Make sure you or someone with you can explain them to to people doing the passport photo. A couple of examples, it is not complete as my list is at work.

• Australia;Photo 35x45mm Head chin to the top of the scalp 32 -36mm, white or light background, no shadows, looking straight at the camera, neutral expression, mouth closed, no flare on glasses. This applied for ALL including 7 day old babies The head size can be smaller for those under 12.
  • Ireland; similar to above but prefer Black and White, will accept colour
  • England; Head size 28-34mm, white background.
  • Holland; 18-20mm from ear to ear, white or grey background.
  • Italy; head 24mm, photo32mm square.
  • Portugal similar to Italy, but must present on 35x35mm photo as they want to cut it out.
  • Denmark; Head at 30deg, showing right ear, black and white.
  • USA 50x50mm photo head 25-35mm, eyes 30mm from base of photo.
  • Taiwan; same as USA
  • Indonesia; similar to Australia, red background.
  • Malaysia; similar to Australia, blue background.
  • Japan, same as Australia.
  • Poland, same as Australia
  • Bolivia, used to be same as US, I think it has changed to be similar to Australia.
  • Switzerland; photo 25mm sq (ID) different again from most for passport.

I have learned this because I do passport photos in a tourist area, that also has many different nationalities living there.

Many countries have the requirements on their passport web site, these change, so it is worth checking with the embassy or consulate to see what they want.

I found the photo lab at the corner of Suk and soi 11/1 to be a good lab. They have the facilities to passport and ID photos.