34 Year Old Italian Man Jumps To His Death From......

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: February 19th 2007

Italian Man Commits Suicide

On the 17th of February at 5.30 pm, Pattaya Police were called to the scene of a suicide at Yensabai Condominium, South Pattaya.

Police arrived at the scene with Rescue Volunteers to find a foreigner dressed in a dark blue tee shirt and jeans lying on the ground. He had sustained a serious head injury and broken legs. He was rushed to Pattaya Memorial Hospital but was sadly pronounced dead on arrival.

A Security Guard told Police that the farang lived on the 9th floor of the condo.

Police went up to this room to find a wheelchair at a window in he corridor of the 9th floor. Police also discovered a black shoulder bag hanging behind the wheelchair.

The bag contained a passport and some documents.

Later the dead body was identified as Mr. Marco Quatrocchi, aged 34.

Police also found a black wallet with the room keys underneath the seat of the wheelchair.

Police unlocked this unfortunate gentleman’s room and found Hospital Patient Records from the Pattaya International Hospital with some medicine and a Suicide Note written in Italian. This was later translated into English stating that he was disabled and his leg was emaciated. Coupled with the tragic break up with his Thai girlfriend, he wanted simply to take his life. The note also apologized to his parents in Italy for his choice to end his life.

Nobody witnessed the incident and further investigation continues.

How sad. The scariest thing in life would be to want to escape life this much.

I truly feel for the gent beforehand and for the ones left behind now.

The best of luck and happiness to all of us, nobody should ever be in this position.

The poor guy, so young - at the prime of life.

He must have been in a terrible state - a long way from home with no one to turn to.

If only there had been someone..... or even just a phone number...

...who knows?

My heart goes out to his family.

Rest in Peace, dear Marco.

He must have been in a terrible state - a long way from home with no one to turn to.

...who knows?

I agree mobi........such a sad loss. Bad enough being in a wheelchair but losing the one he loved was probably the final straw.

Luckily in the Uk the Samaritans are only a phone call away......but as large and lively that Pattaya is unless you have friends in such circumstances then it can be a very lonely place and there does not seem to be anyone to call for help or at the very least to talk to.

i believe that a counselling service has been set-up in pattaya...

it's organised by expats, i believe they are experienced as it'd be a can of worms to offer this service with no qualifications/experience...it was advertised on pattaya people a while back, i believe it was completely voluntary, a small donation may be asked in the event that someone attends the hospital/call at 4am etc...just to cover petrol etc...i don't believe this is a profit making business :D

i hope it works, it's a noble idea and nice to think that others can selflessly dedicate their own time for the benefit of others...it saddens me to see the amount of suicides/breakdowns :o

any1 have more info on this organisation?

Edited by bkkbound04

...who knows?

He was in contact with friends until the last hours, I won't go into details but he had worries and friends think that he had decided to do this a long time ago, His holiday in Pattaya was his last bit of fun.

I last saw him on Wednesday.

:o

...who knows?

He was in contact with friends until the last hours, I won't go into details but he had worries and friends think that he had decided to do this a long time ago, His holiday in Pattaya was his last bit of fun.

I last saw him on Wednesday.

:o

Thanks for the information Dave. It's not a lot of comfort, but at least we know that people were there for him until the end.

It doesn't always happen like that.

i believe that a counselling service has been set-up in pattaya...

it's organised by expats, i believe they are experienced as it'd be a can of worms to offer this service with no qualifications/experience...it was advertised on pattaya people a while back, i believe it was completely voluntary, a small donation may be asked in the event that someone attends the hospital/call at 4am etc...just to cover petrol etc...i don't believe this is a profit making business :D

i hope it works, it's a noble idea and nice to think that others can selflessly dedicate their own time for the benefit of others...it saddens me to see the amount of suicides/breakdowns :o

any1 have more info on this organisation?

This is news to me.

I've been pushing for a Samaritan type service for ages - got a few good souls interested , but not enough to get it off the ground.

I too would be most interested if there is such an organisation set up in Pattaya.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark