One Night In Penang Visa Run?

Has anyone recently pulled of a tv run to penang by spending only one night there?

airasia arrive about 10am - rush to embassy before 12pm. pick up passport next day and out on the later fight that day.

I read the older thread concerning this, but would like to have any updated info if possible. I'm worried that the problems at the bkk ariport could cause delays in departure for airasia thus arriving late and missing the 12pm deadline for visa application.

Has anyone recently pulled of a tv run to penang by spending only one night there?

airasia arrive about 10am - rush to embassy before 12pm. pick up passport next day and out on the later fight that day.

I read the older thread concerning this, but would like to have any updated info if possible. I'm worried that the problems at the bkk ariport could cause delays in departure for airasia thus arriving late and missing the 12pm deadline for visa application.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AirAsia is" most "of the time punctual,but you never know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AirAsia is" most "of the time punctual,but you never know.

I wouldn't count on making it. I flew to Penang with Air Asia in November, and it was delayed by over an hour. I can't think of a time where my flight with Air Asia wasn't delayed by at least an hour.

The only thing I can tell you is that my approved visa was not released by the embassy until 2pm on my last trip (Jan) whereas they were released earlier on my previous trip (Oct).