Chonburi details anti-drug results for November

Rimmer

Chonburi details anti-drug results for November

image.png

PATTAYA:--Chonburi authorities seized more than 80,000 methamphetamine tablets and nearly 19 million baht in assets in the first of a three-month narcotics crackdown.

Gov. Pakarathorn Thienchai revealed the results of the anti-drug operations launched since Nov. 3. The government has instructed provinces across the country to vigorously battle drugs through Jan. 3.

In addition to the 81,523 ya ba tablets confiscated, police and civic officials also collected 3.2 kilograms of marijuana, 4.9 kg. of krathom, 345 grams of opium, 50 g. of cocaine, 2 g. of ketamine and five ecstasy tablets.

Authorities also closed 16 cold cases and seized 22 assets worth 18.9 million baht. Guns seized totaled 28 along with 237 rounds of ammunition.

In all, 1,272 people were arrested with 130 attending drug-rehabilitation camps.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-12-14

In the first three months of the narcotics crackdown my true love gave to me, 81,523 yaba tablets, 345 grams of opium, 50 grams of cocaine,  5 golden ecstasy tablets, 4.9 kg of krathom, 3.2 kg of marijuana, 2 grams of ketamine, and a grenade hidden in a pear tree.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I hope they will continue their crackdown on this bad chemical drugs 

but I am sure some drug lovers will comment on my post and say 

the war on drugs is lost 

But I can't see it is because Thailand still fighting and same as Philippines so continue please 

Kratom, opium and marijuana aren't chemical drugs. All have been widely available in Thailand for centuries.

Apart from the Yaba, the only chemical drugs seized were 50g of cocaine, 2g of ketamine and 5 ecstasy tablets. Hardly winning the war on drugs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Spidey said:

Kratom, opium and marijuana aren't chemical drugs. All have been widely available in Thailand for centuries.

Apart from the Yaba, the only chemical drugs seized were 50g of cocaine, 2g of ketamine and 5 ecstasy tablets. Hardly winning the war on drugs.

You just forgot they also seized 200000 yaba last week 

Just now, Henrik Andersen said:

You just forgot they also seized 200000 yaba last week 

Nope, I acknowledged the Yaba in my post.

Yaba (ya ba in Thai - translates as crazy medicine) is a mixture of caffeine and methamphetamine and usually sold in tablet form. Was legal in Thailand until 1970 and was usually sold in gas stations and primarily to truckers driving for long hours.

Probably the number one drug in Thailand, usually sold in "straws". 200,000 is the tip of the iceberg, several times that sold every day. I could take a 20 minute walk from my house and find at least 10 people selling straws.