Living in Thailand with relatively good air

watgate

On 12/16/2018 at 4:27 AM, watgate said:

...are their any places in Thailand to live where you can be reasonably assured that the air quality is satisfactory and not injurious to one's health?

A place like Koh Chang comes to mind; fresh sea breeze, and long enough away from major air pollution.

In general I would think an island with lots of fresh sea-breeze would be ideal. However, the southern islands have in a few occasions been inside the smoke cloud from the Malaysian and Indonesian wood clearance fires (talk from experience), however only short periods.

????

I still swear by Jomtien. The wind coming off the beach cleans up most smog and you don't get a lot of crop leftovers being burned. Around 8:00 a.m., all the tour buses kick off so it's busy and stinky for an hour or so, but by 10:00 a.m. it's back to being clean again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quandow said:

I still swear by Jomtien. The wind coming off the beach cleans up most smog and you don't get a lot of crop leftovers being burned. Around 8:00 a.m., all the tour buses kick off so it's busy and stinky for an hour or so, but by 10:00 a.m. it's back to being clean again.

Yes a nice onshore, but avoid the beach walk areas sois-1-9 where "these" disgusting scandinavians and lowlife locals / taxi drivers smoke cigarettes all day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2018 at 8:07 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I repeatedly watched this site resp. the Android app.

I can't remember ever having seen bad values in the deep south (incl. Phuket).

But now think whether you like the climate, hot and humid most of the year.

No trace of winter like in the north/northeast.

Phuket can get bad when Indonesia is burning off ground for palm oil