Ten finalists in Miss Universe 2018 announced

webfact

Ten finalists in Miss Universe 2018 announced

By The Nation

83b9129eb59187ee9b22255700335d35-sld.jpe

Miss Thailand

Miss Universe Thailand Sopida Kanchanarin is among the 10 finalists in the Miss Universe 2018 pageant being held at Impact, Muang Thong Thani. Miss Universe Spain, Angela Ponce, the first transgender contestant in the contest’s 66-year history and widely tipped to win, didn’t make it to the last round.

bc2bfa61f35fd197f81c6a67f10662f2-sld.jpe

Miss Vietnam

No European women are included in the final line up. The 10 finalists are Miss South Africa Tamaryn Green, Miss Curacao Akisha Albert, Miss Philippines Catriona Gray, Miss Nepal Manita Devkota, Miss Vietnam H’HenNie, Miss Venezuela Sthefany Gutierrez, Miss Costa Rica Natalia Carvajal, Miss Canada Marta Stepien, Miss Puerto Rico Kiara Ortega, and Miss Thailand Sopida.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360541

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-17

Filipina crowned Miss Universe

By The Nation

b1ab38fdd7fa87f4c10304a239a98841-sld.jpe

Miss Philippines Catriona Gray, a 24-year-old professional model and musician, was crowned Miss Universe 2018 this morning, beating 94 other contestants at the beauty pageant held at Impact, Muang Thong Thani in Bangkok.

51aaff54adbf8d98b4d39f9cb5edcd10.jpeg

The first and second runners up were Miss South Africa Tamaryn Green and Miss Venezuela Sthefany Gutierrez respectively. Miss Thailand Sopida Kanchanarin was among the top 10 finalists.

dd5550a694ce898851ea5ab5ac6fc850.jpeg

Each of the top three finalists go through to the “Final Words” contest, answering the question “What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned in your life and how would you apply it to your time as Miss Universe?”

“I’ve worked a lot in the slums in Manila and life there is poor and very sad but I always taught myself to look for the beauty in it – to look at the beauty in the faces of the children and to be grateful. As Miss Universe I want to show the silver lining in these situations and assert where I can give something, where I can provide something as the spokesperson. And then I think if I can teach people to be grateful, we could have an amazing world where negativity could not prosper and children have a smile on their faces,” Gray answered.

30a870805f5ff76ad909ca8292ae4969.jpeg

Gray is the fourth Filipina to bring home the coveted title, joining Gloria Diaz, Margie Moran, and Pia Wurtzbach who won in 1969, 1973, and 2015, respectively.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/lifestyle/30360547

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-17

4 hours ago, Toknarok said:

Catriona Gray is an Australian by birth. Born in Cairns Queensland. Mother is Filipino, father of Scots origin. Her claim of being Filipino seems somewhat tenuous.

But she is at least half Filipino by descent just like many of the half Thai "Luk  khrueng"  kids here in Thailand Most hold dual nationality.

hmm not sure about the transgender contestant.. they have their own transgender pageants and beauty competitions. Don't think it's our 'politically correct' duty to allow their inclusion in what is essentially a 'MISS' Universe contest. What next.. allowing transgender athletes to compete in the women's olympic disciplines?

9 hours ago, bender92 said:

I cant believe spain let a man represent them.

The Spaniard women I've seen in the last few years are probably too butch to compete, better send one of the neutered dudes.

The competition is a joke already.

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

Never been to Angeles city.

I'm sorry, judging by your comment, "

"Does not look much like a Filipina to me,leastway's the one's i have met."

I assumed you had first hand knowledge of Filipinas and had been to the islands.

My error.

•  

Archived