LG remote 'elec. saving' button

scorecard

Hoping a TV member can please explain this button on the LG Inverter home air-conditioner, when to use it, and how to know when it's 'on'.

image.png.a44369e7634137047562a62a094c444d.png

I found the original operating manual but it's not mentioned.

Google found a couple of websites which seen to indicate that the way to get electricity savings is to use this button for around 40% reduction in elec. bills. On the other hand does that mean there is no electricity cost benefit from inverter models unless this button is 'on'?

From reading 2 websites it seems when this button is 'on' the compressor stops for a while when the desired temperature is achieved but the internal wall unit keeps pumping out cool air, then the compressor kicks in again.

Is all of that correct, or am I totally confused?

And, should I press this button every time I turn the AC on? Or does it stay 'on' always until I press the button again to disengage this function?

And, should I see something on the small remote screen to indicate when it's 'on'?

Appreciate any guidance, thanks. 

Does the manual tell you anything useful? Nah, I thought not ????

Meanwhile I find the button marked "power" can reduce the electricity consumption significantly when used in an appropriate manner.

Sorry, fetching my coat.

Seriously, these fancy "functions" rarely have any real effect other than the placebo of the fan running slow or something.

From reading 2 websites it seems when this button is 'on' the compressor stops for a while when the desired temperature is achieved but the internal wall unit keeps pumping out cool air, then the compressor kicks in again.

Isn't that what a non-inverter unit does?

Have no idea for an inverter but believe on older units such setting used to allow a wider fluctuation in temperature before starting to cool again (instead of cooling again when drop one degree would take two or something like that).  Never used.  Maybe the remote is also used for non inverter types?

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have no idea for an inverter but believe on older units such setting used to allow a wider fluctuation in temperature before starting to cool again (instead of cooling again when drop one degree would take two or something like that).  Never used.  Maybe the remote is also used for non inverter types?

Thanks.

Actually we have 4 LG inverter models and 2 non-inverter models, in our bedrooms plus kitchen and living-room. I just checked all the actual remote controls, they all have the 'elec. saver' button. and when I press this button for all the A/Cs (Inverter & non-inverter) there is a beep sound (but what it really means is a mystery). 

Maybe using this button achieves something quite different for the inverter & the non-inverter units, all part of the mystery). 

Yesterday my son went to the big shop (like a big Power buy) and asked the same man who originally sold tall the units, who seemed to be very knowledgeable and asked him. He didn't know the answer. 

He suggested to open the front cover of each internal unit and note the full model no. details, then search the inter.net for LG air-conditioning model xxxxx operating manual.

We'll try that soon to see if we get more info.

Sounds a bit too serious but we now have 4 bedrooms, using air-con almost every night and sometimes even 5 bedrooms, and the electric bill is enormous, hence trying to see is we're operating the units for lowest electricity usage. 

Google search:

Energy-Saving Cooling Mode (Optional) 
Operating Instructions 
Energy-saving cooling mode can save energy in cooling and healthy dehumidification operation, because itcan operate efficiently by setting body-adaptation time according to the change of time and temperature andadjusting automatically desired temperature.1. Press the START/STOP BUTTON to start the unit.2. Open the door on the remote controller.Select cooling operation or healthy dehumidification operation.3. Press the ENERGY-SAVING COOLING MODE BUTTON.4. To cancel the energy-saving cooling mode, press the ENERGY-SAVINGCOOLING MODEL BUTTONagain and unit will operate in previousmode

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Energy-saving cooling mode can save energy in cooling and healthy dehumidification operation, because it can operate efficiently by setting body-adaptation time according to the change of time and temperature and adjusting automatically desired temperature

What??

Can you translate into English please ????

If these "energy saving" modes actually worked (rather than just increasing the set temperature) surely they would be enabled all the time, what a coup for the manufacturers!!

Unfortunately that is the Englisheish.  Some models have sensors to detect if you are moving (cooler) or no movement (dead - no need to cool as much) but that is only on most expensive models.  Suspect it may mean will wait longer to cool again.

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks but none of my LG remote controls have a door.

It was same button but older control that hid the less often used controls.  As said below in clearer language just allows a wider temp range so not come on as often - have no idea how or if would would with inverter type but guess they could also let room warm up more and run a little slower in some cases.

Archived