A Very Unscientific Survey Of My Hotel Guests

simon43

I forgot to add:

'Which nationality steals towels, Thai silk bed-covers, drinks etc? - ALL nationalities!!

I never fail to be amazed when mature or elderly Swiss, Swedes or guests from other nationalities make off with our room possessions!! Is it considered 'fair-game' to smile and pay your bill on one hand and then steal with the other?

(Yes, I do a room inspection, but it tarnishes the atmosphere when you have to say 'Hang on a moment whilst we check that you havn't stolen anything...'

Simon

It used to upset me when checking out that I had to wait for a room inspection (even if there was no minibar). I've befriended several hoteliers since and I was shocked to hear how much pilferage they suffered from guests. I understand now, and it doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I call for the inspection as I'm leaving, to save time. edit: One thing you might consider Simon, is posting a price list of all items in the room on the back of the door. I've seen this in many hotels and it icludes even the bed, TV, remote, sheets, etc.

That is why when I leave my room to check out, I always lock the door. My wife asked me why bother - I said I don't want other guests pilfering from my room and later the hotel thinks I did it....

I think the room check is a good idea if you can do it quickly. Maybe worth putting in mini bars, just to give you the excuse...

Odd that nobody has mentioned the Arabs

Hotels in Kuala Lumpur charge them double rate as they've become accustomed to wrecked rooms.

Snap, I was just going to mention that as well. Have a friend who works in a good hotel in KL and he dreads them staying over . . . closely followed by Indians who also seem to think that if they pay for a room they have actually PAID for a room and can do as they wish.

Worked for Indian hotel ownwers. They wouldn't allow other Indians to stay there. :o

In Thailand :D?

Canada

Hmm,... Strange country, Canada. Where almost half of the country speak French; and the other half let them... :D

Gr8 bacon though. :D

What gets me is the amount of people who will vandalize and pilfer a room like a horde of mongols then act bewidered and victimized when you charge every penny of the cleaning, and repairs to their credit card.

The mongols are some of the nicest people that I've met, and would most certainly neither steal anything from, nor vandalise, a hotel room (in my experience). What an outragous slur.

(now if you'd said "a horde of mongols", it would have been fine as a historical reference.)

I'm going to stop now, as a little bit of glass houses and stones might be going on...

What gets me is the amount of people who will vandalize and pilfer a room like a horde of mongols then act bewidered and victimized when you charge every penny of the cleaning, and repairs to their credit card.

Do you get many Downs sufferers staying in your establishment?

Bad Kmart! Bad taste. You've gone too far. Stop. Not funny.

No experience with Indians :D ?

I imagine having cable tv cricket and sex channels would keep them happy enough... :o

You've done it again! This is a good topic, fun and funny. You're the wrong side of the line again. Understand:-

1) Gentle, fun prodding = funny.

2) Racist remarks = not funny.

Now, you've all gone anti- Arab crazy. Off topic... Why don't you start an anti-Arab thread...

It's boring to hear and goes away from the OP's topic.

Edited by jasreeve17

Odd that nobody has mentioned the Arabs

Hotels in Kuala Lumpur charge them double rate as they've become accustomed to wrecked rooms.

Snap, I was just going to mention that as well. Have a friend who works in a good hotel in KL and he dreads them staying over .

The other guests aren't too happy either. Arabs are invisible during the day but at night and early morning there's a hel_l of a racket as they let their kids run wild in the hotel corridors.

I'm posting this in the General forum as it's more tongue-in-cheek that of value to those interested in hotel accomodation!

My new hotel has now been open for 3 months in Phuket. During that period, I've seen all different nationalities pass through the doors. There seems to be a definite characteristic for different nations!

(BTW, this post is full of non-PC, racial sterotyping comments...)

Which nationality is the most tight-fisted after checking in, bringing their own coffee and tea-bags, and paying only for the room and nothing else - The Dutch (every time...)

Which nationality haggles the most to get a room-rate discounted down to a few hundred baht - The Italians

Which nationality is the most rude to hotel staff - The Chinese

Which nationality steadfastly ignores the no-smoking signs in the bedrooms - The Thais

Which nationality is the most friendlly and appreciative - The Ozzies!

Anyone care to refute these racist allegations? :D

Simon

:o

A couple additions

What nationality is always requesting more bathroom towels?

The Americans

Who is the most often drunk and loud around the Hotel?

The Germans. (at least males perhaps not couples over 30)

Who walks around the hotel with theit pot belllies hanging out wearing shorts and shower shoes (flip-flops)?

Once again the Germans. Unfortunately also older American males.

What nationality uses that talcum power and leaves it laying around on the floor in the bathroom?

The Japanese, Singaporians,Malaysians.

:D

No experience with Indians :D ?

I imagine having cable tv cricket and sex channels would keep them happy enough... :o

You've done it again! This is a good topic, fun and funny. You're the wrong side of the line again. Understand:-

1) Gentle, fun prodding = funny.

2) Racist remarks = not funny.

Now, you've all gone anti- Arab crazy. Off topic... Why don't you start an anti-Arab thread...

It's boring to hear and goes away from the OP's topic.

I do apologise, jasreeve. Everyone knows you are the forum arbiter of good taste, subtlety, and sophisticated humour here. :D

I will try to do better in future.