Two Scandinavian women found dead in Moroccan mountains - statement

webfact

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Here in Australia this terrible event has had coverage in the main news outlets, including more arrests of the IS cell. Also many Moroccans who have publicly condemned the murders and murderers, as well as saying contrary to Islam.

meanwhile …Moroccans concerned by the impact on tourism,... but not so many in fact,  from Belgian press :The assassination of two Scandinavian tourists in the High Atlas shocked the Moroccan population. In Rabat (Capital city of Morocco), a hundred people gathered Saturday in front of the Danish Embassy in solidarity with the victims. Another rally is planned in front of the Norwegian Embassy."

© AFP

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Opl said:

meanwhile …Moroccans concerned by the impact on tourism,... but not so many in fact,  from Belgian press :The assassination of two Scandinavian tourists in the High Atlas shocked the Moroccan population. In Rabat (Capital city of Morocco), a hundred people gathered Saturday in front of the Danish Embassy in solidarity with the victims. Another rally is planned in front of the Norwegian Embassy."

© AFP

Wow 100 people showed concern out of a city population of 578,000...I'm impressed!

• Like 1

@OPL. In Oz there was a great deal more coverage of the sadness and concern expressed regards the murders than your extremely cynical selective post. Plus many observations the murders were contrary to Islam.

Voices regards the impact on the economy / tourism are common when an incident has occurred, not just by Muslims, as you would know from following the media in Thailand and elsewhere. 

Edited by simple1

4 minutes ago, Opl said:

My post is not cynical even if it does not suit your agenda. France and Belgium know what terrot attacks mean on their very soil, therefore watch with attention the reactions of the Muslims in their own countries since both France and Belgium have large proportions of citizens with Maghreb roots or illegal immigrants of the same regions.  Also it's interesting to read the posts in Maroccan forum threads in french ( for maroccan diaspora) , most of them only discuss the video that has been shared and hardly the main cause. It's the reality, not what you want us to believe. I'm concerned .  I don not share the link here because of the foum rules concerning other language than English.   

I post what I hear and read in the local and international coverage. I do not make claims I cannot substantiate. e.g.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/moroccans-hold-vigil-to-pay-homage-to-slain-scandinavian-hikers

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

I post what I hear and read in the local and international coverage. I do not make claims I cannot substantiate. e.g.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/moroccans-hold-vigil-to-pay-homage-to-slain-scandinavian-hikers

I post about reactions from the Maroccans both in their country and Maroccans from the diaspora - since these very unfortunate young tourists were murdered in Marocco by people claiming their link to ISIS - and I word it mildly. Muslim Community from far abroad are concerned too, but I focus my attention on those who are directly implicated. That's what you've labelled as " selectively cynical"... but my post is relevant. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

???

The ladies were in the lower Atlas,

a long long way from Riff

Exactly. Maybe you are confused by my post. I have picnicked near to where the girls were killed....in the Atlas mountains.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

You need to read the post I was replying to.

I will, next life, TV is just too read-this challenged for this life

anyway, in my view, Riff is more fun than lower Atlas

at any rate, have been around in the lower Atlas within easy reach from Marrakech 4wd a zillion times

consider it fairly safe, also for two females

I was quite surprised by the first handful or so posts in this thread re the dangers,

one must be American to voice such

-----

anyway

I know 3 Norwegians and 1 Dane having houses in and living in the Marrakech medina

two of them have figured in the msm lately,

they both claim that this is freak - lower Atlas is safe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

anyway, in my view, Riff is more fun than lower Atlas

I spent a couple of months working in a village near Ketama. Couldn't imagine why anyone would want to go there voluntarily. Also, much more dangerous than anywhere else in Morocco.

Atlas mountains are much more beautiful and the people, indigenous Moroccans, not Arabs, are really friendly.

2 of my Aunts lived in the Medina (Kasbah) Marakech, however when possible I stayed with my cousin in the  Gueliz, much more civilised!

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

Here in Australia this terrible event has had coverage in the main news outlets, including more arrests of the IS cell. Also many Moroccans who have publicly condemned the murders and murderers, as well as saying contrary to Islam.

I don't think that's right. It's all in the Koran.
eg see below, starting at the 2.32 mark
https://youtu.be/OFEhOTxIzYM?t=152

On 12/24/2018 at 10:13 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Wow 100 people showed concern out of a city population of 578,000...I'm impressed!

These are local hiking "Guides". They're just concerned about the negative impact the gruesome murders will have on their profession ...

On 12/25/2018 at 5:39 AM, simple1 said:

Cherry picking. 

Wishing you a miserable day.

Wish me a miserable day too because what BM katana has posted  is not out of context "Cherry picking".

Read the Koran for more of the same.

11 minutes ago, jayceenik said:

Wish me a miserable day too because what BM katana has posted  is not out of context "Cherry picking".

Read the Koran for more of the same.

Congratulations for being an expert on the Koran. Point to verses, in context, justifying the murder of peaceful innocent women.

An interesting development in the double backpacker beheading case (or neck injury) case as the BBC and Swedish media dub it. Turns out the jihadis were trained by a Swiss national. Not a country most associate with Islamism.

I was wondering, at what stage is the "lone wolf" narrative abandoned? These guys were clearly organized, made the required ISIS video, and had a supervisor from Switzerland. Surely this is no longer to be considered a lone wolf attack.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/swiss-man-linked-to-morocco-tourist-murder-suspects-arrested/news-story/1765bcc5555a9d03614d908ea906c310

Plotting and training to kill easy target innocent people to make a statement of your political dissatisfaction is the most cowardly and inhumane act possible.   These animals do not deserve due process...humiliation and extermination is their just reward. 

• Like 1

A dual Swiss-Spanish national has been arrested in Morocco for alleged involvement in the killings of two Scandinavian tourists.

The man, who has not been named, was detained in Marrakesh for allegedly trying to recruit Moroccans "to carry out terrorist plots", a statement said.

Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, from Denmark, and Maren Ueland, 28, from Norway, were murdered in December.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46714293

Midnight tomorrow will be very interesting in capitals across europe if uninvited guests continue their mob-handed sexual assaults as per previous years in the wake of this and similar attacks.

And media censorship follows.

We don't have this problem in Poland yet, tho rest of europe sees us as backwards.