Two Scandinavian women found dead in Moroccan mountains - statement

webfact

Two Scandinavian women found dead in Moroccan mountains - statement

Atlas_Mountain_range.jpg

FILE photo Atlas Mountains//wikipedia

RABAT (Reuters) - Two female tourists from Norway and Denmark were found dead on Monday in the Atlas Mountains in central Morocco, with both having neck wounds caused by knives, the country's interior ministry said.

The women were found in an isolated area on the way to North Africa’s highest peak of Toubkal, the ministry said in a statement.

Toubkal is a popular trekking and hiking destination 82 km (50 miles) south of Morocco's largest tourist hub, Marrakech.

An investigation has been opened to determine the circumstances of the “criminal incident,” the statement said, without providing further details.

(Reporting by Ahmed Eljechtimi; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-12-18

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Sad story but did those women have any common sense at all?im sorry lady’s but that was a bad decision rip

Misguided sense of adventure, bravado or just the courage of ignorance.

Never understood why people consider such places for a 'holiday'

The folly of feminism... encouraging females to act as if they where men (or rather...equal too), without proper regard for specifics.... whilst this might be ok in most western countries, it sets a dangerous example that often turns bad in other locations, especially ones that are still dominated by patriarchy norms

Almost every hollywood outing has a female teir one operator or fighter pilot, yet in reality, they are as rare as rocking horse poop...  

PC BS designed to empower girls... and this is a tragic example (consequence) of that folly.

This is much worse than you think , It has been confirmed it was a terrorist attack , and ISIS behind it.

The monsters filmed killing one of the girls and uploaded the video to the girls Facebook page so the family members could see the video , they first raped the girls and then killed them with slowly beheading them with a sword. 

By accident I watched parts of the video , it has been uploaded via social media and it's the worst thing I have seen in my life. 

They are true monsters. 

_104899503_morocco_suspects.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46632182

_104890564_moroccomurdercomp.jpg

Hundreds of Moroccans have attended a vigil in the capital Rabat for two Scandinavian tourists found murdered in the Atlas mountains on Monday.

Holding signs saying "sorry", they gathered to remember Maren Ueland, 28, and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, at the embassies of Norway and Denmark.

On Friday Norwegian police said a video appearing to show one of the tourists being beheaded was likely to be real.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-46662748

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:06 AM, marko kok prong said:

It's a dangerous place up there,lot of dope grown up there,even as a man i would not set out with just two,4 to six better,but two women alone? They obviously did not realise they were no longer in scandinavia,and that some bad people live up there,sad to hear but was a recipe for disaster.

Nope. Dope grown in the Rif mountains, Northern Morocco. Have picnicked near there on numerous occasions. Never felt unsafe.

Quote :

"1; This is not Islam. I hope people know it, they have nothing to do with Islam, "he says. Norwegian people, and for the victims' families.

Many have chosen to send physical letters to the Norwegian and Danish ambassadors.

"I am deeply moved by the enormous solidarity that the Moroccan people have shown us during this difficult week," writes The Danish Ambassador to Morocco Nikolaj Harris in a press release

I disagree , I think it is Islam , a part of it , what happened in Morocco just shows that some part of the religion is pure evil . And the step from being a "normal" muslim to getting brainwashed by IS is not more than a few weeks of preparation. 

The wife to one of the terrorists didn't have a clue until her husband disappeared a few days before the attack . 

marocko-jpg

_104926270_mediaitem104926266.jpg

BBC:

"Hundreds of Moroccans have attended a vigil in the capital Rabat for two Scandinavian tourists found murdered in the Atlas mountains on Monday.

Holding signs saying "sorry", they gathered to remember Maren Ueland, 28, and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, at the embassies of Norway and Denmark.

On Friday Norwegian police said a video appearing to show one of the tourists being beheaded was likely to be real.

Four suspects aged between 25 and 33 have been arrested.

They pledged allegiance to the Islamic State group in a video made last week, police said. In the video, they said the murders were revenge for events in Syria.

Nine more arrests were made on Thursday and Friday for suspected links to the perpetrators, Moroccan officials said."

4 minutes ago, balo said:

Quote :

"1; This is not Islam. I hope people know it, they have nothing to do with Islam, "he says. Norwegian people, and for the victims' families.

Many have chosen to send physical letters to the Norwegian and Danish ambassadors.

"I am deeply moved by the enormous solidarity that the Moroccan people have shown us during this difficult week," writes The Danish Ambassador to Morocco Nikolaj Harris in a press release

I disagree , I think it is Islam , a part of it , what happened in Morocco just shows that some part of the religion is pure evil . And the step from being a "normal" muslim to getting brainwashed by IS is not more than a few weeks of preparation. 

The wife to one of the terrorists didn't have a clue until her husband disappeared a few days before the attack . 

marocko-jpg

_104926270_mediaitem104926266.jpg

I knew a British woman who was camping on the beach in Agadir. In the night a Morrocan guy crept into their tent and slit both their throats. She survived, her husband didn't. Turned out that the guy had escaped from a mental asylum.

No indication that it was Islamic fundamentalists. This can happen anywhere in the world. Morocco is relatively safe compared to other Arab countries. 

21 minutes ago, Spidey said:

No indication that it was Islamic fundamentalists. This can happen anywhere in the world. Morocco is relatively safe compared to other Arab countries. 

Yes attacks can happen anywhere. 

But this was an ISIS attack on tourists, in a muslim country . 

Last time that happened must have been the British tourists that was murdered on the beach in Sousse, Tunisia. 

5 minutes ago, balo said:

But this was an ISIS attack on tourists, in a muslim country . 

What evidence is there for this?

The guys were probably just sick rapists. Easy to blame ISIS.

The locals in the Atlas Mountains aren't even Arabs.

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

What evidence is there for this?

Don't you read the news ??  

The 4 men arrested uploaded a video and pledge allegience to ISIS a few days before . They have been planning attacks on tourists in the Atlas mountains . They choose the girls because they were easy targets, Then the bastards filmed the slaughter and uploaded it to the family facebook !!    

https://vid.alarabiya.net/2018/12/20/datxbv32/datxbv32___datxbv32_Video.mp4?versionId=lwY9Chiml123AJerdLarmxiXHq6iz6DX

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2018/12/20/Morocco-Terrorist-ties-to-Scandinavian-hiker-slaying-4-arrested.html

On 12/21/2018 at 1:24 PM, balo said:

This is much worse than you think , It has been confirmed it was a terrorist attack , and ISIS behind it.

The monsters filmed killing one of the girls and uploaded the video to the girls Facebook page so the family members could see the video , they first raped the girls and then killed them with slowly beheading them with a sword. 

By accident I watched parts of the video , it has been uploaded via social media and it's the worst thing I have seen in my life. 

They are true monsters. 

_104899503_morocco_suspects.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46632182

_104890564_moroccomurdercomp.jpg

I agree, one of the worst things I ever watched. And to think it was sent to the girls mother! Pure evil

2 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

one of the worst things I ever watched

I'm sorry to hear that you watched the video .  I managed only a few seconds and stopped when they started putting the knife on the neck and cutting the poor girls head.  I watched the video by an accident and I do not want my worst enemy to see it. 

4 hours ago, balo said:

I'm sorry to hear that you watched the video .  I managed only a few seconds and stopped when they started putting the knife on the neck and cutting the poor girls head.  I watched the video by an accident and I do not want my worst enemy to see it. 

Yea I watched it all then sat stunned for a while trying to shake the horrific images from my brain. With the reaction I had I can't imagine a family member seeing it. Hard to think of an adequate punishment for these folks. 

Terrorists committing atrocious acts of violence would have you believe they are prepared to rule the world.  Imagine a world so desensitized to senseless murders that it becomes an acceptable practice to control the masses.   This is why we can never give in to these inhumane animals.   I wish to apologize now to any animals I may have offended. 

Absolutely horrific events. My condolences to the families. 

I am somewhat surprised that this appears to have received minimal news coverage, those directly responsible & conspirators, who have apparently filmed the murder and claimed ISIS allegiance,  should face the harshest penalties available.

These savage people do not understand reason, as we know it, and should be swiftly & permanently removed from circulation.

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Absolutely horrific events. My condolences to the families. 

I am somewhat surprised that this appears to have received minimal news coverage, those directly responsible & conspirators, who have apparently filmed the murder and claimed ISIS allegiance,  should face the harshest penalties available.

These savage people do not understand reason, as we know it, and should be swiftly & permanently removed from circulation.

Here in Australia this terrible event has had coverage in the main news outlets, including more arrests of the IS cell. Also many Moroccans who have publicly condemned the murders and murderers, as well as saying contrary to Islam.

Archived