Keeping your residence free from bad air and contaminants

watgate

I was wondering what other folks do to try and minimize the amount of bad air from entering their abode from the outside? Do you have an air conditioning unit that you use with an air filter system? If so, how often do you have to change the filters in the a/c and air filter machine? What about when it is cooler at night and there  is no need for the a/c to be on. Do you open up your windows to let fresh air in and do you still use your air  filter with the window(s) open? Currently, I am living in a thai apt complex with just a screened door to the outside and no windows. I have a ceiling fan, as well as a couple of free standing fans also. I was wondering if I position one of my free standing fan against the screen door and blow the air out of my room,as well as use the ceiling fan to cool off and use an air filter machine to clean the air in my room how effective would this be? Would it help the quality of the air in my room at night or would the fact that I have the screen door open negate any significant improvement in the quality of the air in my room?

You need an air purifier if you don't have aircon to put a filter on.

Recommend this  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hatari-ht-ap12-30-32-i160507064-s193285301.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.39.7dc21033v2Krf7&search=1  

Home Pro also sell them.

Keeping windows closed without air purifier is a waste of time.  Pollution inside same as outside, maybe worse.

Buy from Lazada, you can pay cash on delivery.  That one comes with filter inside & one extra filter.  Easy to buy new filters, as is made in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, balo said:

Air purifier is what you need.  My brand is Hitachi. I bought it from Home Pro. 

Better move to a room with windows first. Without windows  he has to sleep/live in the flow from the purifier.

Even better is to move to an area far away from main roads..

You need an air purifier if you don't have aircon to put a filter on.

Recommend this  https://www.lazada.co.th/products/hatari-ht-ap12-30-32-i160507064-s193285301.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.39.7dc21033v2Krf7&search=1  

Home Pro also sell them.

Keeping windows closed without air purifier is a waste of time.  Pollution inside same as outside, maybe worse.

Buy from Lazada, you can pay cash on delivery.  That one comes with filter inside & one extra filter.  Easy to buy new filters, as is made in Thailand.

Samuel;

I just bought 2 new models of aircon with filters. (Hitachi DC Inverter)

Do I need to buy purifer?...works Enought for a 40 m2 room? (Living room and bedroom)?

Thanks

Oh, and adding these to the A/C filters works well.  In fact, I bought 2 old A/C blower units (cannibalized from old A/C's) in Chinatown for around 500-700 baht each and put this Filtrete material in front of them and had one under my bed and another in the living room.   Significantly reduced the dust I found each day.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/filtrete-15-x-48-i10696931-s13386434.html

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m-filtrete-15-x-96-i206341489-s311088839.html

I tried a couple of different higher $$$ HEPA filters but gave up on them when my dust problem didn't go away.

I also found that replacing the worn out filters (lint socks) in my laundry washer made a huge difference in the amount of dust I found.  Found a few shops in Bang Mo section of Chinatown that sold replacement lint socks for around 50-80 baht.

1 hour ago, Youlike said:

Better move to a room with windows first. Without windows  he has to sleep/live in the flow from the purifier.

Even better is to move to an area far away from main roads..

Windows important for ventilation / airflow but also to allow sufficient sunlight into the room(s), because the human body should be taking in vitamin D every day from the sun's rays. 

An air purifier is essential for living in CM from mid-Feb to mid-April. I bought a Hatari from Home Pro for around 3,000b. Not a top brand but works very well in small (bedrooms) to medium size rooms.

We live in Mae Rim out on the paddy so the air flow is always breezy and cool,even on the worst days of foul air when the view of the surrounding mountains disappear it's still not that noticeable outside although the particulate is in the air and accumulates inside the house. Closed windows,ceiling fan and A/C working in conjunction with the air purifier makes for a tolerable indoor environment.

Another handy device is an air Q monitor so you know when to engage your airP and shout it down.

As for today...clear,beautiful and breezy with mountain views to Chiang Dao.....lets hope for continued bouts of rain!

airP.jpg

Archived