Video: Pregnant woman and husband killed as pick-up crosses central reservation

webfact

Video: Pregnant woman and husband killed as pick-up crosses central reservation

4pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Horrific dash cam footage from Nonthaburi showed the moment a black Isuzu pick-up traversed the central reservation and collided with a red Nissan Almera and a taxi. 

The male driver and female passenger in the pick-up (that had Roi-Et plates) were rushed to hospital. 

But the male and female occupants of the Nissan were dead at the scene. 

They were named as married couple Niphat and Sorasee who were both 36. Niphat had his skull cracked open and Sorasee suffered a broken neck.

She was five months pregnant. 

The taxi was also damaged slightly in the front. 

The accident happened on the Nonthaburi Bypass about 3pm yesterday. 

A male occupant of the dash cam car that was not involved was heard to say in shock:

"Blimey. That was nearly us".

Sanook reported that the taxi driver was helping police with their inquiries and that the driver and passenger in the pick-up would be interviewed when they recover sufficiently. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-24

Planning to be on the road for 250 km tomorrow I shouldn't watch such videos.

Already had this "it could have been me" experience once when a speeding limousine crashed into a pickup on the right lane. Both thrown into the central ditch.

It was on the left about 100 m back.

You see a lot on Thailand's roads.

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The only way to stop this carnage on the roads is to revert to the days of the buffalo carts - then there would be more road sense (from the buffalos) on the roads.

Or get people to learn to drive properly and not just buy a licence under the counter.  Or maybe just have a police force that did their job and took drunk drivers off of the road.  Or.....   T.I.T and nothing will happen.

12 hours ago, seahorse said:

Absolutely horrific. 

Speculate that driver of pickup fell asleep at the wheel after a long drive. 

Maybe self-driving cars really are the way to go. 

What about a whole new police force that actually enforces the law. I know they had no control over this accident but my god there are thousands they could have prevented by enforcing the law. As I say in the Thai way of thinking The drivers on Thai roads think the cops are just a big joke headed by the big JOKE. They have no respect for them and until that way of thinking changes many many, more Thais will be seeing their creator next year. This would be the proper statistics   80 dead a day and  20 more with injuries so bad they never be the same (Like lose arms, legs, can't walk etc)  100 a day would be more closer to the mark. The government response"Let's have another meeting" My response Reform the Thai police force or better still Don't buy those old subs and build a new police academy to train those police properly. But Thais don't think that way Life is cheap 

15 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Total incompetence from the pick up driver. Absolutely no excuse for crashing like that in perfect driving conditions. He/she has now killed two innocent people. 

And probably walk away with a 500 baht fine,they have to start jailing these clowns that cant drive.

16 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Total incompetence from the pick up driver. Absolutely no excuse for crashing like that in perfect driving conditions. He/she has now killed two innocent people. 

And an unborn baby.

The real shame is that nothing ever changes. Still the same "everyone can drive" policy, still the same "look to the other side" police. Yesterday I was almost taken out on my scooter by a speeding SUV which ignored the stop sign. Two policemen were standing right there at the intersection, they could not have cared less.

On 12/24/2018 at 9:01 AM, seahorse said:

Maybe self-driving cars really are the way to go. 

Sadly the Thais will circumvent the driverless car operating system and it will not be until thousands die that they will realise that driverless cars do not have a steering wheel.

RIP the couple and the poor child who did not ask to die, and complete condolences to the family

We can see the vehicles are in a town ; and the black pickup is speeding .

in Europe the speed is limited at 50 km/h

and in many centers of big towns at 30 km/h or 20 miles in Great Britain ;

It was already like that , 20 miles/h in England in 1980 ..nearly 40 y ago !

In Thailand the speed is limited at 80 km/h in downtown ,it's way too fast . 

80 km/h = 22 m/s

30 km/h = 8 m/s so u can stop without problem, even you are sleeping at the wheel ..

Archived