Jump to content

Pala Pizza


RonniePickering22

Recommended Posts

I had some two weeks ago, buy 3, get one free so it was worth it (I feel its overpriced, but not bad). I like their 4 cheese

 

Vesuvio is better IMHO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Their pizza has been inconsistent for some time now, and prices have always been a bit high, though considering their location, not as bad as it could be. Perhaps the high import taxes on cheese? Anyway, there are lots of places doing premium pizza better now, including places like Mama Dolores.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SooKee said:

Real Pizza looked ok until I saw their Margherita labelled and pictured as cheese and tomato.


Posted using Tapatalk

How would you label and picture it? Cheese and tomato are definitely the most prominent ingredients on pizza margarita.

pizzamargherita1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How would you label and picture it? Cheese and tomato are definitely the most prominent ingredients on pizza margarita.

pizzamargherita1.jpg

It would need to include Basil, as per the above photo, otherwise a Margherita it ain't.  It's just a Cheese and Tomato.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect it's just a presentation issue, they're not going to get away with changing the ingredients... maybe inexperienced staff who couldn't get it to look right.? I miss their late night after 11pm discount (50% off everything), I went through the whole menu a few times back when they closed before midnight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

125 baht for a single slice = £3.10 !!!! I can get a whole pizza (6 slices bigger than this) in the UK for that price and the ingredients are better quality too. Thailand is becoming a rip-off country indeed! Soon to be under 40 baht to the pound.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Thainess said:

125 baht for a single slice = £3.10 !!!! I can get a whole pizza (6 slices bigger than this) in the UK for that price and the ingredients are better quality too. Thailand is becoming a rip-off country indeed! Soon to be under 40 baht to the pound.

Pala Pizza is expensive - but it is, or at least was, very good.

Lots of cheaper pizza is available and lots of Thais love it. But that's similar to instant coffee. You only think it's good if you don't know how real coffee tastes.

Pala Pizza is very popular because of the very good quality. I wasn't there in the last couple of weeks but they would be stupid to change it because the place was always full and I am sure they made a fortune.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Pala Pizza is expensive - but it is, or at least was, very good.

Lots of cheaper pizza is available and lots of Thais love it. But that's similar to instant coffee. You only think it's good if you don't know how real coffee tastes.

Pala Pizza is very popular because of the very good quality. I wasn't there in the last couple of weeks but they would be stupid to change it because the place was always full and I am sure they made a fortune.

 

The eye is definitely off the ball in my view...also the place was half empty when I wandered past.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:
7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Pala Pizza is expensive - but it is, or at least was, very good.

Lots of cheaper pizza is available and lots of Thais love it. But that's similar to instant coffee. You only think it's good if you don't know how real coffee tastes.

Pala Pizza is very popular because of the very good quality. I wasn't there in the last couple of weeks but they would be stupid to change it because the place was always full and I am sure they made a fortune.

 

The eye is definitely off the ball in my view...also the place was half empty when I wandered past.

What I wrote was from my experience with that place over the last years, since it opens. I go there from time to time but not regularly.

I will check it out sometime in the next days. Let's look and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...