Frustrated Farang Husband - Part 3

arcturaz

I posted a few months ago about how frustrated I was with my long-term relationship with a Thai lady. Today, I will provide a coda to an already excruciating marital quagmire. While we divorced 3 1/2 years ago, we were still living together in a house with 2 of her relatives and two children - one semi-adopted, the other my biological son. I wanted to give our relationship, and family the patience and care I think all real families need. I was willing to forgive many transgressions (infidelity, squandering millions of baht, parasite family members, a filthy house, uncaring attitude towards anything called WORK, endless and massive assistance programs - Read; a mother with terminal brain cancer, millions lost on a false business venture with a brother, etc, etc, etc).

My ex swore on every known Thai deity that she would never leave me, was committed for life, wanted a chance to redeem herself (etc...). Three days ago my ex arrived at our children's school and took my Daughter, she also took both cars (one paid for, the other relatively new), about $300,000 in gold, $100, 000 Baht in very recent credit card usage, All of her and my daughter's clothes were taken from the house, and other sundry items as well. My son was driven back home by one of the family members who still live with us. Her reason for not taking him is probably based on the fact I have legal custody. Nonetheless, the event was devastating for me and my son.

Hindsight is ever lucid, and it wasn't long before I began putting all the sordid pieces together and realized that she must have been planning this for a very long time. The new car purchase, more money into her small business (a drink cart), credit card use, strange trips here and there during the day, and even stranger ones late into the night all made it very clear; she wanted to extract the maximum amount before escaping.  After about 2 days she sent a message about how I forced her to leave, and how she needed 'time' to think about her life. Naturally, this is a total sham as we had spoken many times and I gave her every assurance that if she needed to go, or if she felt it could not work out, I would not block her or create any problems for her, We have been together a long time and I did not feel there was any point in making each other lives miserable. She has known me for 17 years and knows I honor my words and am always trying to find a reasonable compromise.

Naturally, I was upset about her past behavior and made it clear if this behavior continued we would have to put an end to things. My primary concern was and is the children. I did not want them to be traumatized, nor did I want them to witness any sort of emotional violence. What was done was an act of extreme emotional violence, and my ex is, in my estimation, a criminal. I cannot even walk into another room now without my son yelling our, 'where are you going!' I fully understand what he is really saying, 'Please don't leave me too!' He misses his sister terribly and even rearranged all her toys saying she will come back to play with him soon.

I do not know what will happen next, I have heard little from my ex since she left. Needless to say, I will be spending a lot of money on attornies in the coming months. The most painful thing about it is things were going excellently, every day my children were singing and laughing, my ex and I were more affectionate and tender again, all seemed right in Camelot; until the dragon of ill' omen returned and burnt the fairy tale to the ground. I miss my daughter, but I cannot allow myself or my son to become pawns in what is almost certainly a lurid game of Thai cat and Farang mouse.  Sacrifice is a part of family life, but when people betray every know moral code then it is time to see them as something else, history. 

Edited by arcturaz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

I am generous and trusting to my wife but access to my bank cards/bank account, Whooa!

How did she get the keys to the 2 cars? Whose name are they in?

My advice, liquidate as much as you can, get as far away as you can with your son. Preferably your own country. You have no choice but to forget your wife and stepdaughter and start a new life.

Hope that you have better luck in your new life.

Generous and TRUSTING.....what a load of claptrap !

4 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Generous and TRUSTING.....what a load of claptrap !

Do you know me, do you know my wife? Don't take it out on me because you can't get a decent woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No advice for the op, but reading it this is exactly why at 45 I still have no kids. In the west the above scenario would be terrible, but manageable. In Thailand it's catastrophic.

It's actually the other way round.

In the west they can just take the kids and you never see them again (the western government will finance everything).

In Thailand they still want your money, and you can negotiate cash deals for the kids.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Farang men are not innocent in these relationships - not by a long shot.

Very true. IME it's usually the man to blame for a marriage failing, they just go into denial. Biggest problem, they know what they want from a marriage, and demand it. However, they've no idea what their wife wants from the marriage and don't really care.

Bar girls get a bad press for the way they treat farangs, farangs get a much worse press from bar girls. A farang is happy to lie to them and lead them on to get what he wants and often cheats them out of money.

If you have a string of failed relationships behind you, look at yourself, not the women who've just had enough of your ways.

I have been married for over 30 years to my British wife, we'll never get divorced, mother of my 2 kids and the best woman I've ever met. Totally my fault that we're not together now.

I've been married to my Thai wife for 5 years. Can't believe my luck. Best wife and best mate a man could have. If it didn't work out, I know that it would be me to blame (Thais always blame someone else 555).

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It's actually the other way round.

In the west they can just take the kids and you never see them again (the western government will finance everything).

In Thailand they still want your money, and you can negotiate cash deals for the kids.

Weeelllll, I don't know.

In the west at least you get 50% of your assets and possibly even more even if you were born stupid. In Thailand you may get robbed of everything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

don't get married (unless it's a fake, non-legal one)

It seems a Thai marriage ceremony, documented with lots of pictures, is legal enough in Thailand to be counted like an official marriage with documents. Be warned!

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems a Thai marriage ceremony, documented with lots of pictures, is legal enough in Thailand to be counted like an official marriage with documents. Be warned!

I don't think so, well I hope not. If it is, I'm a bigamist!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That's perfectly alright as long as you are a Muslim ???? 

Wash your mouth out.

Shurly, if it's a Buddhist ceremony and I'm an atheist it doesn't count either. 

Edited by Spidey

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

In the west at least you get 50% of your assets and possibly even more even if you were born stupid. In Thailand you may get robbed of everything.

In the UK, the woman with kids under 15 gets the house 100% and 50% of everything else (In my case a house worth 600,000gbp). Plus child maintenance of 20% of your income for the next 19 years.

In Thailand I have a house with a 90% mortgage, the wife gave it to me in the divorce because she couldn't make the repayments.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

In the UK, the woman with kids under 15 gets the house 100% and 50% of everything else (In my case a house worth 600,000gbp).

Can't you apply to the courts for her to sell the house and give you 50%, once the kids have come of age?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nope, they get full title 'in the interests of the children'.

But what about when they aren't children any more?

Pretty sure that this happened to my sister in law. The house wasn't worth a great deal and she ended up living in a caravan.

Edited by Spidey

33 minutes ago, Pete1980 said:

The thai prostitutes would have to be the smartest in the world. Their foreign customers buy them houses, cars, businesses, land, support entire families and often buy them a wedding ring etc etc. It is amazing.

apart from the phillipines, no other country even comes close. The girls understand it for what it is, a business deal, but the customers think it is love.

Then they feel bitter and complain whenit goes belly up. 

Thai teens dont have posters of overweight farangs old enough to be their dad or grandfather on their bedroom walls.

Money cant buy love.

You can take the girl out if the bar, but you can never take the bar out of the girl. Living in pattaya i see it everyday.

Living in Pattaya, I rarely see your vision. I see bargirls who have been promised the earth by 2 week millionaires, to get it at a reduced rate or even free, only to shatter their dreams when they go home and never get in touch again.

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Living in Pattaya, I rarely see your vision. I see bargirls who have been promised the earth by 2 week millionaires, to get it at a reduced rate or even free, only to shatter their dreams when they go home and never get in touch again.

AWALT.

No point in being truthful, honourable or loyal to any woman, they don't believe in any of those things.

The more truthful you are with them, the more power they have to manipulate you.

Bargirls are just like any other woman, maybe a little bit more honest and upfront about what's going on, and with a few more miles on the clock.

1 hour ago, Pete1980 said:

The thai prostitutes would have to be the smartest in the world. Their foreign customers buy them houses, cars, businesses, land, support entire families and often buy them a wedding ring etc etc. It is amazing.

apart from the phillipines, no other country even comes close. The girls understand it for what it is, a business deal, but the customers think it is love.

Then they feel bitter and complain whenit goes belly up. 

Thai teens dont have posters of overweight farangs old enough to be their dad or grandfather on their bedroom walls.

Money cant buy love.

You can take the girl out if the bar, but you can never take the bar out of the girl. Living in pattaya i see it everyday.

are you the Pete from Private Dancer ?    lol

• Haha 1