Thais stuck in lift have a very unhappy New Year

webfact

Thais stuck in lift have a very unhappy New Year

48894163_10217604459004700_9067049692730228736_n.jpgPictire: Facebook "Warunyoo Ketchu"

A group of Thais ended up being stuck in a lift rather than celebrate the New Year countdown.

"Warunyoo Ketchu" went on Facebook to relate the story of how he was stuck in a lift with eight other people for an hour. 

He had gone with some university friends to a five story building near Sanam Pao BTS. They intended to go to a club the fifth and top floor and seeing large queues took to the stairs. 

But finding the stairs blocked they reverted to the lift on the third floor. 

Everything seemed normal until the lift suddenly fell. 

Things got scary when the lights went out and frantic calls to the club on the fifth floor and the elevator company went unanswered. 

49138013_10217604459204705_299315738282295296_n.jpg

Facebook "Warunyoo Ketchu"

Some in the lift tried to force the doors and were met with a brick wall. 

After an hour help arrived and they managed to clamber out. 

A cable had apparently snapped causing the safety mechanism to kick in. 

One of several establishments in the building is the popular Overseoul restaurant. 

Source: Facebook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-02

Thanks for this brilliant idea! That's what I'll do next year! Get in an elevator with food and snacks, block the door for 48 hours to avoid dead drunk Karaoke crooners unable to hit a single note, screaming over a 200 watt amp, strangers hugging me in an attempt to get a free beer or cigarette, and drunk old ladies laying their head on my shoulder because they can't find the way to their mattress. 

Archived