Entry with outdated photo in baby's passport

My HK fiancee is travelling to Phuket with her 15 months old toddler, his passport was issued when he was only 1 month old - so he looks nothing like that now... Do you guys think they will have trouble at immigration? They don't have enough time to change his (Hong Kong) passport before the trip.

I checked some baby forums but they only offer info on EU & USA (no problem at immigration at all), but this kid looks completely different (logically, 1 month vs. 15 months), so we are hoping that Thailand / Phuket immigration will not get too strict in this case, that could ruin their entire trip...

P.S. more info if needed: toddler is HK citizen with HK passport (doesn't need Thai visa), mother is HK resident with HK/DI "green" (temporary) passport (with valid Thai visa), they have same family name, and will bring HK birth certificate with their names on it...

• 2 months later...

Just want to thank good people here for replies & (correct) advices, and to reassure others in same situation: we just got back from 1+month vacation - no any problems at immigration (although toddler looks ABSOLUTELY different in his passport issued when he was 1-month old baby) ????

Looking forward to our next Phuket stay in May , although next time I'll worry for myself after all these horror stories about denied entries lol (I'm in Phuket 3-4 times a year, ~30 days each)... hopefully Phuket airport immigration officers are not as strict as DMK & BKK ????