Korean Barbecue: Chaing Mai

urfix

Chang Puerk Moo Kata opposite Chang Puerk Gate on the outside of the moat is OK at something like 69B all you can eat includinng a pepsi.

There is a better one but I can't recall it on the grounds of exceptional inebriation at the time. I'll try to find out and post details.

There is also one opposite KSK plaza on Huay Kaew, haven't tried it myself so I can't recommend. I did look at the menu briefly at the one on the 4th floor of Airport Plaza and it pretty much covers most Korean food, and the tables are set up Korean style so you can cook your Samgipsal at the table.

GL :o

The place on the 4th floor of Airport Plaza is okay. It is just by the entrance to Robinson department store. They have dolsots and BBQ with many of the other Korean standards. Their ribs are good :o .

The other good place is Arirang in Chiangmai Land. About half way up on the left as you head towards Mahidol Road. This is, I think, my favourite restaurant of these two. (Better bibimbap.)

I have tried about three other places in CM, but none comes close to these two and none rated a second visit.

Thank you for the beta on the Korean foods.

Can I expect to sit down with loads of side dishes i.e. kimchee, strouts, pickled cucumber, etc when dining on the Korean BBQ?

Now i've dribbled over the keyboard...

Both restaurants p1p recommended are very decent Korean restaurants IMO too.

Having tried Korean all of 3 times before moving to Thailand I am far from an expert, but good food is good food... especially the one in Airport Plaza is good for variety of side dishes - but the one in Chiang Mai land has a more familiar atmosphere. I intend to return to both in the near future.

Can I expect to sit down with loads of side dishes i.e. kimchee, strouts, pickled cucumber, etc when dining on the Korean BBQ?

Yes - both these places fill the table with little bowls of magnificent, wierd and wonderful side dishes, which are constantly replenished if one dares to finish one.

I intend to return to both in the near future.

Maybe we could use this as an excuse to get together again?

Yes - both these places fill the table with little bowls of magnificent, wierd and wonderful side dishes, which are constantly replenished if one dares to finish one.

I would like to join you sometime when I am not trying to diet (I have lost 2 kilos in the last week). I am very interested in trying Korean food, but I have no idea what to order. Seems like you guys know.

I would like to join you sometime when I am not trying to diet

Yes, you would be welcome.

I have lost 2 kilos in the last week

Try looking under your desk. :o

And do any of these establishments serve well chilled Soju at an affordable price?

I have certainly seen it on the menu, but as I seldom if ever drink, I'm afraid I can not comment on the degree of chill, or the price.

Awww, the perfect recipe for breaking up the routine of Thai. Great info, thanks.
QUOTE(Ulysses G. @ 2007-02-23 08:44:47)

I would like to join you sometime when I am not trying to diet

Not to worry, low carbs and plenty of protien. Better for your waistline than Italian.

QUOTE(meadish_sweetball @ 2007-02-23 01:02:38)

Hang on until the end of March when I'm back over and the Soju is on me :o

Sounds like a plan! :o

• 2 months later...

At Anusarn Food Market there's a new-ish Korean Restaurant all the way in the back right corner in front of the stage that is quite good. I've been there a few times and have enjoyed their Korean Spicy Rice Salad (my favorite), kimchi tofu soup, and their Korean Pork BBQ is excellent.

Most dishes are in the 150 baht range but this is no higher than the other Korean places I've had a chance to try in Chiang Mai. And they come with the wide assortment of Korean side dishes. Nice place if you find yourself at Anusarn and hungry.