Grand jury extended in U.S. special counsel's Trump-Russia probe

rooster59

800x800 (7).jpg

FILE PHOTO: FILE PHOTO: Special Counsel Robert Mueller departs after briefing the House Intelligence Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, U.S., June 20, 2017. REUTERS/Aaron P. Bernstein/File Photo/File Photo

(Reuters) - The term of the grand jury being used by U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller in his investigation of possible collusion between Russia and President Donald Trump's 2016 election campaign has been extended, an aide to the judge overseeing it said on Friday.

The extension is a sign that Mueller is not done presenting evidence before the grand jury in his investigation of U.S. allegations of Russian interference in the election and any possible coordination between Moscow and Trump's campaign.

The grand jury was impaneled by the U.S. District Court in Washington in July 2017 for an 18-month term, the limit under federal rules. The term can be extended if the court determines it to be in the public interest to do so.

"The Chief Judge has confirmed that the term of Grand Jury 17-01 has been extended," Lisa Klem, special assistant to Chief Judge Beryl Howell said in a statement.

Howell did not confirm any length of the extension, Klem said.

A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment.

A number of Trump's allies, including his lawyer Rudy Giuliani, have repeatedly called on Mueller to wrap up his investigation.

Trump has called the investigation a "witch hunt" and has denied collusion with Moscow. Russia has denied meddling in the election, contrary to the conclusion of U.S. intelligence agencies that have said Moscow used hacking and propaganda to try to sow discord in the United States and boost Republican Trump's chances against Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

Mueller's investigation and other inquiries have clouded Trump's two years in office. Mueller has secured more than 30 indictments and guilty pleas and has spawned at least four federal probes.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-01-06

I'll go first...

Obviously, the deep state and 11 angry Dems and the liberal courts and fake media and a chief federal justice are all conspiring to continue this witch-hunt into the most productive, mentally stable, genius president the nation has ever seen.

Look a wall.

Winning.

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Yes in my minds eye I see a wall for Donald a big wall with razor wire but it’s in Leavenworth not the southern border lol. ????

Lmao.... solitary confinement till death do come, would save a lot of money in secret service costs to protect this ex president. ????

6 hours ago, mikebike said:

I'll go first...

Obviously, the deep state and 11 angry Dems and the liberal courts and fake media and a chief federal justice are all conspiring to continue this witch-hunt into the most productive, mentally stable, genius president the nation has ever seen.

Look a wall.

Winning.

Yeah, and also now, the deep state has infected the federal court system. Right. I have been involved in many, many motions to extend actions in federal courts, and I have never once seen a federal judge abuse his or her discretion on this. Both parties argue their cases, and the judge must make a determination based on cause, not bias. This idea that the entire Mueller action and all resulting court decisions must be some grand conspiracy is laughable.

Step by step, carefully, analytically, fairly, this action will be resolved. And, I will abide by the findings either way. Will Trump supporters, or will they be screaming deep state, fake news, fake courts if the facts turn wrong for their hero?

*Oh yeah, I forgot. This judge was appointed by Republican George W. Bush, and Mueller is a Republican too. But then, this was never about that was it? All Republicans who don't support Trump are part of this deep state aren't they? ????

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It's an indictment target-rich environment investigating Trump et al.

Likely New York and Virginia are also extending their grand jury terms and increasing legal staffing for parallel civil and criminal indictments.

This year will be known as The Year of Law.

7 hours ago, mikebike said:

I'll go first...

Look a wall.

Winning.

I like your sarcasm. However you should mark it as this because simple minds might mistaken you 

I think Trump is a buffoon. I don't think Trump has the temperament to be in the White House. That said I don't think there was any meaningful Russian collusion. I think the US deserves a better president, but you don't get what you deserve, you get who you vote for and under the electoral college system, you got Trump. Another 18 months or so and you will get another chance to vote your approval/disapproval. Move along for now. At least he is delivering/trying to deliver on his election platform. (most of it I don't care for) Unlike other presidents who make promises to get elected but then pivot once elected. He may be morally bankrupt and dishonest in life, but he seems to be the most honest politician out there.

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

I think Trump is a buffoon. I don't think Trump has the temperament to be in the White House. That said I don't think there was any meaningful Russian collusion. I think the US deserves a better president, but you don't get what you deserve, you get who you vote for and under the electoral college system, you got Trump. Another 18 months or so and you will get another chance to vote your approval/disapproval. Move along for now. At least he is delivering/trying to deliver on his election platform. (most of it I don't care for) Unlike other presidents who make promises to get elected but then pivot once elected. He may be morally bankrupt and dishonest in life, but he seems to be the most honest politician out there.

Anybody who can seriously write this "but he seems to be the most honest politician out there" is just another I-don't-support-Trump-but... supporter of Trump

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

???????????? unlike other presidents who lie, trump is keeping his promises.... let’s do a quick test on that.

oops... looks like your comment about him being a buffoon etc, should have been the end point to your post ????????????

42761596-8C54-4F1E-8ABF-EC05704CD7AF.png

564328FB-F483-4191-B774-E6736DA17C3C.png

10 hours ago, Ulic said:

Sometimes he tries to do what he idiotically promised, like the wall thing. Otherwise his lies are like raindrops in a monsoon. I don't know much about individual members of the House, but I expect the vast majority of them - even the corrupt ones - are more honest than Trump, not difficult to achieve

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 09.44.00.png

Archived