New to Roiet! Some help would be appreciated.

Paul64

I've been reading Thaivisa for sometime, gathering info and getting ideas about my life-changing move to Roiet. Along with numerous hours spent researching visa options and the changing to 'extensions' etc. I feel quite confident about this and how to proceed. 

I've been here now a few weeks and finding it hard to find decent English speaking foreigners who would like to meet up occasionally for a coffee in town. Also someone who might extend the arm of friendship in helping a fellow foreigner (UK Norwich) to find various shops for different things and to explain the legal driving position concerning attaining licences and other documents. I'm not a drinker so refrain from visiting bars. Am I the only non-drinker around here?

Some help from a local would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

Hi Op, plenty of farang in and around the Roiet area and some have good knowledge about local requirements and recreational facilities available. TMK, many can be found in the farang haunts especially on a Wednesday night and a place many go for Sunday lunch. A couple of guys spring to mind who I'm sure, would lend you a guiding hand.

No doubt they will be along shortly!  

PM me if you need the newsletter contact info.

Around the lake are a few expat spots. Mostly older, retired guys. But all are nice enough. The pizza place does a decent pizza. You are probably the only non-drinker in Isaan I've encountered. Ha. But for your other questions just PM me and I'll give you a good contact.

If you had a savvy girlfriend (or wife??), she could probably give you a few suggestions.  Where do you intend to live?  In Roi Et city or somewhere in the surrounding villages?

The last thing many ‘savvy G/F’s’ want you to do, is to contact other local farangs IMO.
Great place, Roi Et BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived