Ashley Judd's sexual harassment claim against Harvey Weinstein dismissed

snoop1130

Ashley Judd's sexual harassment claim against Harvey Weinstein dismissed

_105125312_hi051544480.jpg

Ashley Judd can still proceed with her claim that Harvey Weinstein tried to sabotage her career / Image copyright REUTERS

Actress Ashley Judd's sexual harassment lawsuit against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein has been dismissed by a Los Angeles federal court.

Judge Philip Gutierrez ruled on Wednesday that Ms Judd's allegations did not fall within the scope of the statute under which she had sued.

But Ms Judd's defamation claim, that Mr Weinstein had sabotaged her career, may still proceed, the judge said.

Mr Weinstein denies all allegations of sexual harassment and intimidation.

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46819044

It will be interesting to see how her remaining claims of being blackballed hold up in Court.

It appears that Peter Jackson is the only witness she has and that is just his word with no supporting evidence. Harvey, or anyone, saying someone was a “nightmare” to work with is not “blackballing” and it really falls on Peter Jackson to have done a more thorough background check than the single alleged claim by Harvey before choosing not to hire her.

If I was a female wannabe starlet who could even prove I was at the same Party as Harvey, I would be jumping on the bandwagon and making claims of assault...in doing so, I would gain notoriety, I would gain sympathy and be in line for the big cash settlement. 

ChaChing.

ChaChing.

1 hour ago, GettingBye said:

It will be interesting to see how her remaining claims of being blackballed hold up in Court.

It appears that Peter Jackson is the only witness she has and that is just his word with no supporting evidence. Harvey, or anyone, saying someone was a “nightmare” to work with is not “blackballing” and it really falls on Peter Jackson to have done a more thorough background check than the single alleged claim by Harvey before choosing not to hire her.

If I was a female wannabe starlet who could even prove I was at the same Party as Harvey, I would be jumping on the bandwagon and making claims of assault...in doing so, I would gain notoriety, I would gain sympathy and be in line for the big cash settlement. 

ChaChing.

ChaChing.

Spot on. A largely forgotten actress claiming sexual misbehavior and sabotaging of her career because she wouldn't do sexual favors. Hoping for damages, getting lots of not had for a long time publicity and receiving the applause of the PC feminist lobby. 

Of course, it couldn't have been that she was a less than brilliant actress who was indeed hard to work with. No sir!

Archived