Can I work with a non O visa?

Hello, I've searched for this topic but could not find it. 

I have a job with a small Thai company with a WP. The company changed management and name in October of 2018 and my WP foe that company name expired end of that October. Since then I changed my reason for extension to marriage instead of work.

1. Will I have any problem getting the new WP with my new extension status? 

2. Do I have to leave the country and start over because the company has a new name?

I know there is a waiting period for a new company before they can hire a foreigner....right?

Ugggg, any suggestions?

Thanks.

You can definitely get a work-permit while having a Non-O based on marriage to a Thai.  You don't have to leave the country to go out for a visa.  It is better to have the Non-O/marriage-based, because your permitted-stay is not tied to your job.

I am not familiar with delay-time for new businesses obtaining work-permits.

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

You can definitely get a work-permit while having a Non-O based on marriage to a Thai.  You don't have to leave the country to go out for a visa.  It is better to have the Non-O/marriage-based, because your permitted-stay is not tied to your job.

I am not familiar with delay-time for new businesses obtaining work-permits.

Thanks for the reply, 

If I originally came in on a non B, then only changed my reason for extension (2 years later) is my Visa still technically a non B?

Edited by Bangkok or bust

6 minutes ago, Bangkok or bust said:

If I originally came in on a non B, then only changed my reason for extension (2 years later) is my Visa still technically a non B?

You only extended your existing permit to stay you got from a non-b visa. The reason for your extension is what is important.

4 minutes ago, Bangkok or bust said:

Also what about needing a new invite letter from the company, like in the beginning.....

That is only needed to apply for a non-b visa at an embassy or consulate. 

• Like 1