Saudi teen who fled family leaves Thailand for asylum in Canada

rooster59

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Good  luck and dont forget your  fellow  countrywomen and start a campaign to make more folk aware  of the sickness of religion.

You are spot on there Kannot but it's not religion per se that is bad. I try not judge anyone based on what they choose to believe but if they force it on others - including family - all bets are off. I do understand that some religious dogma preaches that followers force their will onto others but that is not an excuse to follow through and do it. Agree or disagree? 

• Like 2

Everyone is missing the point here. The Big Picture. This lady is simply "Walking Dead" The UNHCR have a fantastic record of protecting people in their care, right? 

If her "family" don't get to her first then it will be some fanatic taking revenge in the name of Allah. 

Thailand is the smart cookie here, when that happens let Canada deal with the diplomatic fallout while the Thai's look on and go about their business. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

"

Trudeau brushed off a question as to whether Canada's move might make it harder to repair ties with Saudi Arabia.

"Canada has been unequivocal that we will always stand up for human rights and women's rights around the world," he said."

Trudeau is devious. See how he treats his own folks in the Wet’suwet’en territory: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/11/canada-pipeline-indigenous-trudeau-treaty

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, eggers said:

Hang on, she, UNHCR & Thai Gov't were originally saying she wanted to go to Australia, now all of a sudden,"left the building".... going to Canada!! All seems a bit dodgy!! 

Aussie politicians probably too busy ensuring they were covering their own butts before making any sort of commitment.  Or the US embassy just told them 'put this on the back burner'. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hockeybik said:

You are spot on there Kannot but it's not religion per se that is bad. I try not judge anyone based on what they choose to believe but if they force it on others - including family - all bets are off. I do understand that some religious dogma preaches that followers force their will onto others but that is not an excuse to follow through and do it. Agree or disagree? 

While we can respect people and their feelings, that doesn't mean we should respect their beliefs or any faith-based belief system. I very much 'judge' the dangerous extremism of the Saudi regime and its 'justice' because it is so strongly faith and not ethics based. Well anyhow, good luck to her, she's dodged that bullet (for now?).

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lust said:

Should have chosen Australia. I don’t think she’s aware of the new Islamic political party in Canada that’s trying to impose sharia law.

So many Muslims in Canada, I’m sure someone will finish out her families plan for her, unfortunately.

The Conservative Party may be new but they are Tories at heart and go back a long ways.image.jpg.8001d861a36665587a3b6dcdbbc9c8ef.jpg

As a tax paying Canuck I say ''earn this''!!! Many of us are still pissed about the Omar Kadar lawsuit ,10 million that cost tax payers to settle with that little douche bag

Edited by mok199
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmccarty said:

Best wishes to the young lady.  Hope someone is watching her back when she gets to Canada, these type of family feuds are bitter and twisted. 

No worries. Islam is the religion of peace. Canada respects diversity. Mind you, Al Qaeda affiliated Mohamed Mahjoub has been successfully avoiding deportation for 18 years despite his bogus refugee claim.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1