how to do an extension at airport of my running out Multiple O visa

Hi@all,

I used the search but could not find anything as this forum is not very well sorted and subdivided. So I may have to ask a question beeing asked before.

I leave Thailand 9.2.19 and my visa non-immi O M is valid until 22.12.19 .....  22.2.2019! I have heard that I can do an extension as I come back 15.4.19 for 7 weeks. Is it possible to get such extension and for how long would that be valid? I have air tickets for April-June already. If so I need to to do it a departure at immigration in the airport which would be after midnight. How much time would this take and do I need to bring documents (e.g. my Chanote and my Bankbooks) or not.Some specific anser would be highly appreciated. Thx!

Edited by OKF

If you have a Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant Visa that doesn't expire until December you can leave and return for your seven weeks in April.

If you have a 1 year extension of stay (permit) issued by you local immigration office you will need to buy a Re-entry Permit from your local immigration office, OR at the airport on the way out.

Single entry; 1,000 baht.

Multiple entry 3,800 baht.

A Re-entry permit would be valid for one or multiple entries on or before December 22nd.

Edited by elviajero

1 minute ago, OKF said:

sorry my date was wrong I meant valid until 22.2.19!

I corrected it for you.

15 minutes ago, OKF said:

I leave Thailand 9.2.19 and my visa non-immi O M is valid until 22.2.19. I have heard that I can do an extension as I come back 15.4.19 for 7 weeks.

You would only get a 30 day visa exempt entry if you qualify for one (nationality?) that can be extended for 30 days since your visa will no longer be valid.

I suggest you get a Non O single (or multiple) entry visa before your return in April. This will get you a 90-day permission to stay in Thailand.

If you come to Thailand in April without a valid visa, you will receive a 30-day "visa exempt" permission to stay. If you have a Thai spouse, you can extend this for a further 60 days at an immigration office in Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht. Without a Thai spouse, a 30-day extension of your permission to stay would still be possible.

1 hour ago, OKF said:

German....but 30 days I get for free anway, last time when I left I got told I can get an extension or Re-Entry permit?

You cannot get an extension of any kind when returning or a re-entry permit. Perhaps they thought you would be entering before your visa expires which would allow another 90 day entry which you could get a re-entry permit for.

You could do a border hop before you leave next month to get a new 90 day entry and then get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of it valid when your return in April. For example if you did a border hop and entered on February 7th you would get a permit to May 7th which is date you would be stamped in till using the re-entry permit.

A visa exempt entry would allow the 7 weeks your need with the 30 day extension.

15 minutes ago, OKF said:

Sorry, I not understand, when I  leave 9.2. it is the same then a border hop, isn't it? I leave the country and come back 8 weeks later....

No it is not. Your visa will be expired when you return in 8 weeks.

It will still be valid for an entry on or before February 22 if you were to do a border hop before then.

3 hours ago, OKF said:

my visa non-immi O M is valid until 22.2.2019

Just to be sure this isn't the source of confusion:

Is this a Non-O Multiple-Entry Visa, which gives you 90-day permitted-stays per each entry?

- OR -

a Non-OA Multiple-Entry Visa, which gives you 1-year permitted-stays per each entry?

Edited by JackThompson

The 'enter before' date on your Visa is 22.2.19

You leave Thailand 9.2.19

You return to Thailand 15.4.19

If you do a border run just before you leave, say on 7.2.19 you would be given another (your last) 90 days permission to stay until 7.5.19. If you obtain a single re-entry permit (1,900 baht), when you return on 15.4.19 you will be stamped in until 7.5.19.

You can apply for a 60 day extension (1,900 baht) after returning, but before 7.5.19, to visit Thai wife and you will be given permission to stay until 6.7.19

You will then need a new multi entry O Visa.