Question on Taxi vs Resort transport

tominbkk

Staying at Thavorn Beach Village and Spa, plane arriving in the morning, around 10;00.  Resort will pick me up for 1200 baht.  Wondering if taxi would be cheaper?  That and its a whole big van and just me.  Feel its kind of a waste, money not really an issue but would be nice if it was a little cheaper.

Thanks

regular meter taxi ฿504 (but they're not going to want to use a meter and 600 may be the best rate without a meter)

Grab economy ฿607

https://ride.guru/estimate/Phuket International Airport (HKT) ท่าอากาศยานภูเก็ต, Thep Krasat Tri-Nai Yang Rd, Thalang, Phuket 83110, Thailand/Thavorn Beach Village And Spa Phuket Thailand, 6/2 Moo 6 Nakalay Bay Patong Beach Kathu, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand

Would have been only 150 baht on the NEW Smart Bus but you're really midway between two stops (Big C Kamala and Bangla Rd Patong) and it doesn't stop on demand.

200 baht by shared minivan, but not a good option for someone who values their time as it's certainly the slowest, often having a stop at a travel agency to figure out the schedule of who gets dropped where.  But it's an alternative.

Edited by LeungKen
Font too large

I recall the Airport to Patong being about 800 baht last year... 

Thus: 1200 baht, trouble free pickup, from your hotel, directly to the hotel with no hassles getting lost or looking for the hotel seems like a trouble free way of 'getting out of the airport and getting straight out to your resort'.... 

Personally, I'd just go with the 1200 Baht hotel option and not worry about Taxi's or Grab etc for the sake of $10 extra

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I recall the Airport to Patong being about 800 baht last year... 

Thus: 1200 baht, trouble free pickup, from your hotel, directly to the hotel with no hassles getting lost or looking for the hotel seems like a trouble free way of 'getting out of the airport and getting straight out to your resort'.... 

Personally, I'd just go with the 1200 Baht hotel option and not worry about Taxi's or Grab etc for the sake of $10 extra

That's what I figure....nice van to take me straight to my room.

• 2 weeks later...