Renewal of Visa Extension (Basis Marriage)

I last year obtained an extension to stay based on marriage, the process while time consuming and involving a lot of running around, went pretty smoothly. 

I am now approaching the time for renewal (just over two months to go but I like to prepare).

Can someone please advise what is the process to renew my extension based on marriage?

I have read threads that say repeat of the original application process, same documents etc, but that advice is non specific. 

Specifically I would like to know the following:

1. When can I start the application?

2. What forms do I have to complete?

3. What documents do I have to produce?

4. Anything else specific I should know?

If I have to produce documentation that was required for the original application can I use the originals I have from my first application?

Specifically, do I have to once again get our marriage certificate etc certified/sworn and then get all our documents translated at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs again OR are the documents we used last year sufficient.

Finally, what is the fee.

Thanks in advance for your advice.  

14 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Specifically I would like to know the following:

1. When can I start the application?

2. What forms do I have to complete?

3. What documents do I have to produce?

4. Anything else specific I should know?

1. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of your current extension.

2. Same TM7 form as before.

3. Same as for your previous application. Here is my general list but it varies office to office. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

4. You wife will need to be with you when you apply. 

What type of financial proof did you use last year?

You can use the same originals you showed last year plus the copies. Translation and etc do not need to be done again.

The is 1900 baht.

You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it like you did last year.

• Like 1

if they want a witness   immigration  want a copy of their ID and house book  also photos of you and wife with witness at home...now if they don't want a witness they don't want to see photos with the witness so you need another set with just you and wife at home...and if they are being really "picky"  they may say no need to take a witness to immigration (after having presented him)

then  2 days latter phone and say we want to interview you at home with your wife and ohh bring a witness !!!!!!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1. You can apply for the extension during the last 30 days or 45 days at some offices of your current extension.

2. Same TM7 form as before.

3. Same as for your previous application. Here is my general list but it varies office to office. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

4. You wife will need to be with you when you apply. 

What type of financial proof did you use last year?

You can use the same originals you showed last year plus the copies. Translation and etc do not need to be done again.

The is 1900 baht.

You will get a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it like you did last year.

To answer your question, I provided evidence of Bht400K in the bank - the bank account still has the original Bht400K deposit.

In addition I have copies of the transfer certificates for every transfer I have made between my home country accounts and my Thailand accounts in the past year - ie proof that the money we use to live on originates overseas. I understand this is not a formal requirement, but as I said earlier I like to be prepared for all eventualities. 

One question, in your document you state 'updated Khor Rhor 2/22' does that mean we have to go to the Amphur and get an updated copy for this year or is the one from the initial application accepted?

Your pdf of requirements is very useful, thank you for taking the time to put that together and sharing. 

Edited by Chomper Higgot

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

One question, in your document you state 'updated Khor Rhor 2/22' does that mean we have to go to the Amphur and get an updated copy for this year or is the one from the initial application accepted?

Many offices want them updated every year to prove you are still married. What they do is printout a new one, stamp it, and sign it for a fee of 20 baht. You wife can easily get one by showing her ID card and completing a form.

• Like 1