When You Fly, What Class Of Service Do You Use?

britmaveric

Airline Class of Service  

376 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as of now, more than 1/3 of the TV members in the poll fly business/first (37% as of this post)....

Of course this poll is way off because there is no 'private jet' option, which I'm sure would include many of our esteemed ThaiVisa millionaires...

More fitting for our high net worth forum would be 'which type of aircraft to you own?' a) heli b ) G500 C) G550 d) Air Force One. Then we would get a more accurate measure of our members... so now I understand why there are so many "how much house can I build in Nakorn Nowhere for 800K baht?" Because everybody spends their money on airfare and French Champagne, of course. I hear girls from Issarn always wished their was something higher than first class... Champagne and plara go oh so well together.

what a joke.

edit: i hate that B ) when in caps makes a stupid emoticon.... oh and I hear that complaining about the 150 baht fee at the ATM and doing visa runs are conversations de rigueur in first class....

Edited by jcon

economy all the way. I can't see spending extra money on an upgraded seat or class especially on a flight less than 7 hours. The airlines can take away my food, drinks, and even entertainment tv for watching on an economy flight, why cause I usually the one guy who packs

medicine

ipod

labtop ( lots of movies i've put on my labtop )

my own food & drinks

magazines

the one thing i didn't notice was level of quietness, I may fly economy but i have bose headphones and those are worth more than any level of flying class especially on a long haul flight. I consider those a long term investment that always repays me back whenever Im flying

So as of now, more than 1/3 of the TV members in the poll fly business/first (37% as of this post)....

Of course this poll is way off because there is no 'private jet' option, which I'm sure would include many of our esteemed ThaiVisa millionaires...

More fitting for our high net worth forum would be 'which type of aircraft to you own?' a) heli b ) G500 C) G550 d) Air Force One. Then we would get a more accurate measure of our members... so now I understand why there are so many "how much house can I build in Nakorn Nowhere for 800K baht?" Because everybody spends their money on airfare and French Champagne, of course. I hear girls from Issarn always wished their was something higher than first class... Champagne and plara go oh so well together.

what a joke.

edit: i hate that B ) when in caps makes a stupid emoticon.... oh and I hear that complaining about the 150 baht fee at the ATM and doing visa runs are conversations de rigueur in first class....

PMSL :D How true :)

RAZZ

what a joke.

:):D :D

I honestly can't see spending $5,000 for a little comfort from Bangkok to New York $1,200 is just fine and I always get the seat near the emergency exit so I have plenty of space to stretch out.

It's a matter of personal preference and value that really can only be decided by the individual flyer. I'm older, I have minor health concerns, and to me it is worth it. Over the years, by earning frequent flyer miles so much faster, I rarely paid for business, but always flew business.

I try for a business upgrade whenever possible. . I always fly EVA, and no matter what time of the year they are usually fully booked, so an upgrade is easy with a silver card. The great thing about flying EVA, is that you can book in to Evergreen deluxe, and if you do not get the upgrade, then all is not lost, because that class is like business class on some airlines. What is particualy important, is that you get to use the VIP lounges.

Have I been missing something ? I always fly EVA Elite and have never been given a lounge pass. Is it possible ?

I would love to fly first class but, if I have to pay it's going to be economy class. I can tough it out with the knowledge that the extra few thousand $$ will go a loooong way on the ground in LOS. Last couple of years, I have used Korean Air from Washington, DC. $1200 RT with only one stop in Seoul. That's a 14 hour leg flollowed by a 5 1/2 hr leg between ICN & BKK. The flight attendents are beautiful and very polite...unlike US carriers I have used.

• 4 months later...

I always flew economy and used to check all the deals until a couple of years ago. Then I reached the point where I decided I'd had one too many flights in the past 40 years and now thoroughly hated flying, so if I have to fly anywhere I want to be comfortable and have the illusion of being valued. So now we fly Business (except for one EVA trip to London and back in their Evergreen Deluxe section).

After this next tourism flight to India in October I don't want to fly anywhere, by any class.

Has anyone gone from Bangkok to Australia by cargo ship? I think that would be a good retirement option. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Usually flying business however found a cheap first class ticket with Emirates (£1400 LHR to BKK) for my next flight.

Bit disillusioned with biz class, not really worth the money in my opinion so back to Etihad economy for me soon.

Do tell more.... £1400 First Class to the UK ?? wow...

I'm a regular Etihad flyer but their business class seat is now B140,000 per ticket... which I've no intention of paying.

I'm a regular Etihad flyer but their business class seat is now B140,000 per ticket... which I've no intention of paying.

I split my time evenly between Thailand and the UK so I always book from the UK. Much cheaper than the other direction.

Booked the flight in May with ebookers. Surprised by the price really as the biz class ticket was £100 more for the same flights.

Etihad biz class was the norn for me until a year ago when they started hiking the prices. Their economy is still the best value in my opinion.

I split my time evenly between Thailand and the UK so I always book from the UK. Much cheaper than the other direction.

Booked the flight in May with ebookers. Surprised by the price really as the biz class ticket was £100 more for the same flights.

Etihad biz class was the norn for me until a year ago when they started hiking the prices. Their economy is still the best value in my opinion.

Ah ok - my miss-read, I thought you were referring to flights to LHR from BKK. My folks have just purchased £1450 biz class on Etihad from the UK, returning to the UK (LHR).

It used to be cheaper from the Thai side (returning back to Thailand), it seems the price pendulum has swung but for the life of me I have no idea why. I think there is another thread on this forum wondering why...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone in Europe who can get an easyjet/ryanair/bmi-lh (€99 return ex lhr)/whateverlines cheap flight to Berlin could connect with Air Berlin from Berlin Tegel. They do a 10 1/2 hour direct evening connection out to BKK. Business is roughly €1970 return including taxes (it's not exactly LH with 5* chef on board, but with leg room, leather recliners, personal in-flight system etc., decent food, usual frills, staff are fine - pretty good value really, compared to over €3000 with the flag carriers).

Economy return averages €900-1000 incl. taxes, but can be as cheap as €800. For €60-100 surcharge on economy I think, they also give emergency exits. There's also an economypremium option but I'm not sure about the price - mate of mine uses it and it's not exorbitant.

I save up for business cos it's simply worth it for me to arrive feeling like a human being. Any flight over 8 hours really. But never within Europe.

I also use TG business in SEA/LOS, cos it's not overly expensive and a much more comfortable experience. Also collects more Star Alliance miles.

I worked for an airline back in the days when even economy travel was a reasonably pleasant experience. It was especially pleasant for staff. I loath the economy experience nowadays. Maybe I'm spoiled but so what - as long as I can afford it I'll do it.