How Much Baht Can Take Out

going abroad, does anyone know the maximum amount of baht I can travel with?

thanks

Unless the law has changed, the maximum amount of Baht which you can take out of Thailand (without permission of the Finance Dept.) is 50,000.00. It would probably be more economical to change the Baht into the currency of your intended country to visit, before leaving Thailand.

thanks

Last time I heard mr T. took out trunks of cash

Usually you need to fill in a Bank of Thailand bank to make a trasnfer outside over 20.000 US

So my safe bet would be anything less than that???

J

Edited by jumbo

thanks

Last time I heard mr T. took out trunks of cash

Usually you need to fill in a Bank of Thailand bank to make a trasnfer outside over 20.000 US

So my safe bet would be anything less than that???

J

There is a difference between taking Baht out of Thailand and taking Dollars. In my experience transfer of Dollars (or any other currency) of any amount greater than the equivalent of Bht 1,000,000.00 needs special permission.

There is a difference between taking Baht out of Thailand and taking Dollars. In my experience transfer of Dollars (or any other currency) of any amount greater than the equivalent of Bht 1,000,000.00 needs special permission.

So can you inform us about this difference??

J

So can you inform us about this difference??

J

If you wish to transfer Baht out of the country, i.e. send an amount in Baht to the States (it arrives in the States in Baht currency), the maximum amount without further authorisation is Bht 50,000.00.

If you wish to transfer a greater amount of Baht out of the country, the bank will convert it to Dollars (or whatever) and it will arrive in the States as Dollars. In my experience, the limit (again without special permission) is of the order of USD 25,000.00 (less than Bht 1,000,000.00).

thanks

If the question is how much in Thai currency one can leave the country with, it is 50,000 THB, except to ASEAN {if memory serves} partners where the limit is 100,000 THB in Thai currency.

Regards