Aircon controls.

Wongkitlo

I have one aircon unit which has a fan in the internal part which needs replaced (noisy) and another where it does not light up or swing up and down. Is it true I only need to replace the internal part and can keep the old compressors( external part) which seem to work fine. Thanks for any input. 

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

I have one aircon unit which has a fan in the internal part which needs replaced (noisy) and another where it does not light up or swing up and down. Is it true I only need to replace the internal part and can keep the old compressors( external part) which seem to work fine. Thanks for any input. 

Look how much it costs to repair it. And then maybe compare it to a new AC.

Depending on your installation it can be a lot of work to replace everything. I would only do that if necessary.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:28 PM, msbkk said:

It is better to change the whole set because technology has changed over time. New models run much more efficiently. I assume the aircon is quite old already.

Thank you.

I'd spray the whole thing down with WD40 before I'd condemn an AC unit for making noise or for stiff louvers.

Ideally, clean out the inevitable collection of dust bunnies and mung, then spray down the moving parts and give it another try.

BTW, mung is a technical term for dust and stuff.  Chogies is the scientific term for when the mung clumps up into big wads. The wads of congealed mung are called chogies.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'd spray the whole thing down with WD40 before I'd condemn an AC unit for making noise or for stiff louvers.

Ideally, clean out the inevitable collection of dust bunnies and mung, then spray down the moving parts and give it another try.

BTW, mung is a technical term for dust and stuff.  Chogies is the scientific term for when the mung clumps up into big wads. The wads of congealed mung are called chogies.

Thanks. Does give confidence for just changing the inner unit. On one they changed the fan a little ago with a second hand one as the original is obsolete. I just needed a solution for a few months but now the replacement fan is noisy. The other has,a,section of the front plate missing. It looks pretty bad so will change for cosmetics.  

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit