Visa run to Cambodia with almost full passport

Although this post should be in the Cambodia forum, hardly anybody reads and there are so many expats in Thailand doing visa runs to Cambodia that I am more likely to get an answer in the Thai visa forum:Never done an Cambodian E-visa, but might do one this time to save a full page in a passport that has only  2 blank pages left which I need for a new Vietnamese visa. Am I correct in the assumption that the Cambodian e-visa does not entail a full page visa sticker, just the tiny arrival/departure stamps? And entering Cambodia from Thailand, only the Poipet and Had Lek borders accept E-visas? 

Yes only stamps but check that where you enter accepts e-visa not all crossings do.

Edit.

Poipet I've used e visa a couple of times in the past.

Dont forget to keep a copy for your return to thailand. Not officially required but handy.

Should be around 37 dollars, some bogus sites around can charge up to 90.

Edited by overherebc

OP, you mentioned your 2 pages for visa for Vietnam. Sounds like your using "approval letter" with visa on arrival. I just came into Saigon last Friday. I already had a multi 3 month in pp. Anyway at passport control the io was holding up my passport like it had a disease. (Its in pretty good condition). He was looking to reject me (I felt). Not looking at my history but any single crease in pp he could find. Last month returning to bkk from Saigon the AirAsia check in staff noticed minor thing. Seriously minor. Called over more experienced staff. A OK.

What's going on. Back to op, personally I would get a new pp.

Oh to add...flew into bkk today. This is post io finding my reentry permit 12 month. As I noticed she turned it sideways to read details. Then she flicked through remaining empty pages. For what? Personally I feel things are changing. I notice because fly EVERY week. Some au members may be interested in news along lines passengers rejected boarding passes to Bali because of minor damage to passports

Are you going for an out/in for a Visa-Exempt (30-day) entry? 

If so, and Had Lek / Koh Kong is not much further from where you live, go there.  In fact, an e-Visa is the only recommended way to enter Cambodia at that border (scams on the VOA).

If you must use Aranyaprathet / Poipet, you could use your e-Visa to enter Cambodia there, then take a bus or shared-taxi to Battambang, then another shared-taxi from Battambang to Ban Laem, where you can re-enter Thailand without issue (cannot enter Cambodia with an e-Visa at Ban Laem). 

I moved to Vietnam (after decades in Thailand) a year and a half ago :A new passport is on its way, so just one more (Vietnam visa run with the old one). Planning on flying into Bkk from Saigon in a couple of days to escape the madness of Tet new year (just like I always fled the unbearable Songkran before) and then ride my bicycle through Cambodia back to Vietnam, getting a new Vietnamese visa in PP. 

When in arriving in Bangkok I will politely ask the IO to put the visa-exemption stamp on one of the half/partially empty pages(plenty of those still left) the same when entering Cambodia probably at Poipet (would prefer Ban Laem, but E-visas not accepted there). Just hope I won't get one of these farang/barang haters who just out of spite puts the tiny entry/exit stamp in the middle of a blank page.