Police search for illegal motorcycle taxi drivers

webfact

Police search for illegal motorcycle taxi drivers

By The Nation

0655a93420e72af30f0449c5bb6940da.jpeg

Some 30 motorcycle taxi drivers were rounded up by authorities on Thursday morning at a stand on Rama 4 Road in Bangkok's Khlong Toei district as part of an investigation into illegal operators.

2412ed08bd54c7695af8aabafe95108d.jpeg

The move, by police, army, Thesakij city law enforcers and related officials, came after a tip-off that orange vests, that signify a motorcycle taxi driver's registration at a particular taxi stand, were being sold for Bt100,000. 

During the 8am operation, officers also checked the details of each taxi driver to ensure they were operating legally.

City police chief Pol Lt-General Sutthipong Wongpin was due to inspect the stand himself at 10am.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30362851

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-24

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The move, by police, army, Thesakij city law enforcers and related officials, came after a tip-off that orange vests, that signify a motorcycle taxi driver's registration at a particular taxi stand, were being sold for Bt100,000

That I just called a fantasy dream 

10 trips for 40 baht =400 pr day 

It means 250 days driving free plus gasoline 

Come on nobody will do that 

19 hours ago, SammyT said:

100,000B? That's a lot of 40B fares to even start making money... 

Anyone know what sort of money these guys make in a day? I've often wondered...

My friend is a "win rider" he has just changed his location to outside Big C where I live (Nakhon Pathom

so maybe not Bkk rates)

He paid 95,000 baht for his vest from a rider who was retiring & sold him the position which seems to be normal practice.

His station has 8 riders and he says on a good day he can make around 1,000 baht.

Bearing in mind there are 3 other stations nearby all vying for customers, that's doing quite well.

I was late arriving at Hualampong catch the night train to Udon Thani. When I went to get a refund the ticket clerk asked if I really needed to go he could arrange it. A fellow with a limp showed up out of nowhere    and I went with him. He had a fast motor bike and told me to keep my feet on the foot rests and hang on. It was a hell of a ride and I felt quite

comfortable as his ridding skills were excellent. Finally got to Laksi and   he pointed to a light way down the tracks saying here is your train. I could have got a hotel room and gone next day for what he charged but I would have missed the ride. He had no orange vest.

Archived