bus from Mukdahan to Sakon Nakhon airport (possibly no minivan)

72BKK

Hello everybody

I know Nok Air offers the fly/ride service but i don't like minivans, i m looking for a solution to avoid them. Taxi also don't really like. 

So i m asking if there is anyone who knows about buses leaving Mukdahan to Sakon Nakhon airport in the afternoon (flight to Bangkok is at 21.35)

I tried to find a website with Mukdahan bus timetable but couldn't find the bus i need

thank you in advance

Mostly on those rural routes, you have non-air-con old buses and modern vans, with the occasional modern-bus - and the latter sometimes only once a day.  There are modern-buses running from Udon Thanni through Sakon Nakon to Nakon Phanom and back - so if you can get up to NP, that could work (but might have to be minivan to NP). 

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  I didn't find any useful bus-info online, either - most I found was originating out of Bangkok.

10 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Mostly on those rural routes, you have non-air-con old buses and modern vans, with the occasional modern-bus - and the latter sometimes only once a day.  There are modern-buses running from Udon Thanni through Sakon Nakon to Nakon Phanom and back - so if you can get up to NP, that could work (but might have to be minivan to NP). 

Sorry I cannot be of more help.  I didn't find any useful bus-info online, either - most I found was originating out of Bangkok.

Thank you anyway. I didn't find anything in the web as well. Maybe there is someone who knows and has not read this post yet

The van used by Nok Air is relatively comfortable and safe, as these vans go, and usually not full. Further, it is only about a two hour transfer. My advice is just to keep things simple and take the van.

I am pretty sure there is no bus, certainly aircon.

If money is no object, you could probably arrange a limo, but figuring out where to order one could be time consuming, and I certainly would not bother.

23 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The van used by Nok Air is relatively comfortable and safe, as these vans go, and usually not full. Further, it is only about a two hour transfer. My advice is just to keep things simple and take the van.

I am pretty sure there is no bus, certainly aircon.

If money is no object, you could probably arrange a limo, but figuring out where to order one could be time consuming, and I certainly would not bother.

If there are no options with bus (I don t mind with or without aircon) i'll use the nok van of course. I still wait a bit to see if there is someone who knows more on the matter.

By the way, my worst experience in a thai van was from suratthani to Donsak and it was I think 1 hour trip. I felt as we were in Nurburgring

Archived