Jump to content

change 60 day tourist visa into marriage visa

Recommended Posts

You can do a change of visa status to get a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration based upon qualifying for a extension of stay based upon marriage oo a Thai.

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

If you can get proof of income from your embassy you can use that to prove the 40k baht income requirement. If your embassy does not issue income proof you would have to show at least one transfer of at least 40k baht into a Thai bank from overseas. 


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

can you change your 60 day tourist visa into a marriage visa?...

You can apply for a Non 'O' visa at immigration as long as you have at least 15 (maybe 21) days left of your 60 day entry, or the 30 day extension of a 60 day entry.



and for income, can you use income certificate from your embassy and or letter from home bank?

Yes you can use income certified by your Embassy - if your embassy will issue one.

No, you can't use a letter from your home bank.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, comfortablynumb54 said:

so change the 60 day once in thailand to the 90 non immigrant(category 0) at immigration ?

Yes you can. But it might be easier to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage at a embassy or consulate. Most embassies and consulates will issue them without a problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...