Thais Crack Down On Fake Foreign Teachers

sriracha john

Allow me to give my take on "fake" and "unqualified" pertaining to education status.

Fake is when you professed to attain a certain level proficiency of which you are not.

Unqualified is when you are not qualified, and you did not fake it.

Ah, yes but here is the rub: is there a perceptible different in the service rendered? Does the standard meet minimum requirements, be it from a fake or from an unqualified "teacher"? BTW, not wishing to preach semantics but in your post you cannot describe a noun with a noun, e.g. education (noun) instead of educational (adjective). These are the little questions (not so relevent to you or me) a qualified, genuine teacher may be expected to answer.

Oh qwertz, maybe i didn't tell you that i am not an english teacher here in thailand. And i certainly did not claimed to be. I was only determining when someone calls me a fake, and or unqualified, what it would means to me.

Fake is definitely a crime. However, unqualified may not be. If the school employs an english teacher who claims and produce documentary proof of his english literacy and so commands a high salary.... this is fake. However, if teacher wannabes, have not faked his level of english literacy, and accept a lower runk of remuneration as accepted by both school and teacher wannabes, then it is a private arrangement between school and applicants. You are that good, we pay you so much, you are not so good, we don't pay you so much. As PeaceBlondie has said too. :o

Allow me to give my take on "fake" and "unqualified" pertaining to education status.

Fake is when you professed to attain a certain level proficiency of which you are not.

Unqualified is when you are not qualified, and you did not fake it.

Ah, yes but here is the rub: is there a perceptible difference in the service rendered? Does the standard meet minimum requirements, be it from a fake or from an unqualified "teacher"? BTW, not wishing to preach semantics but in your post you cannot describe a noun with a noun, e.g. education (noun) instead of educational (adjective). These are the little questions (not so relevent to you or me) a qualified, genuine teacher may be expected to answer.

Oh qwertz, maybe i didn't tell you that i am not an english teacher here in thailand. And i certainly did not claimed to be. I was only determining when someone calls me a fake, and or unqualified, what it would means to me.

Fake is definitely a crime. However, unqualified may not be. If the school employs an english teacher who claims and produce documentary proof of his english literacy and so commands a high salary.... this is fake. However, if teacher wannabes, have not faked his level of english literacy, and accept a lower runk of remuneration as accepted by both school and teacher wannabes, then it is a private arrangement between school and applicants. You are that good, we pay you so much, you are not so good, we don't pay you so much. As PeaceBlondie has said too. :o

Point taken. A declared wannabe is not a fake. If he (or she's) knowingly engaged as such he's probably more effective than a bored professional and will keep a class interested. Can we agree at least on that?