Jump to content

Video: Swedish man suffers broken leg in motorcycle accident in Pattaya


webfact

Recommended Posts

Video: Swedish man suffers broken leg in motorcycle accident in Pattaya

 

4pmVI.jpg

 

The Pattaya News reported on a collision between a Chevrolet with Bangkok plates and a Yamaha Nova motorcycle with Chonburi plates. 

 

The rider of the bike was a Swedish man aged about 50. He was given first aid at the scene by Sawang Boriboon rescue before being taken to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

 

He had a broken left leg, a shattered knee and lacerations. 

 

The accident happened by the Kheha market on Thepprasit Road at around 10.30 pm on Sunday night. 

 

A video showed the aftermath with the bike under the front wheels of the Chevrolet.

 

Suriyo Kosriwong, 30, said that he was coming out of Soi 3. Cars slowed enabling him to turn but the bike came along at speed and slammed into him. 

 

Source: The Pattaya News

 

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-29
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

So the motorike slammed into him but s under the front wheel , i dont think it happened that way considering where the mc finished but just my opinion . But its always the farangs fault even if it wasnt .

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Suriyo Kosriwong, 30, said that he was coming out of Soi 3. Cars slowed enabling him to turn but the bike came along at speed and slammed into him. 

Meaning, the bike must have overtaken the cars that slowed down to let him out, and then crashed into him? If so, he's an idiot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, keith101 said:

So the motorike slammed into him but s under the front wheel , i dont think it happened that way considering where the mc finished but just my opinion . But its always the farangs fault even if it wasnt .

Looks to me like the car was, as the driver said, coming out of a soi turning right, and the motorbike went into him at the front and went under his wheels.

The accident happened in the right hand (middle) lane. The motorbike should have been keeping left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, keith101 said:

So the motorike slammed into him but s under the front wheel , i dont think it happened that way considering where the mc finished but just my opinion . But its always the farangs fault even if it wasnt .

Where in the OP it says it was foreigner fault?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never will understand why foreigners ride bikes in Asia.

I can understand why insurance companies won't cover these people.

I wouldn't cover anyone hiring bikes  or any marine equipment nor would I cover any of those stupid paragliding or lining pursuits. Remember the Aussie doctor who went up in a beach parachute with a Thai punk assistant towed by a boat. Up he went a mile then fell out of the harness and died. All over in less than a minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, keith101 said:

So the motorike slammed into him but s under the front wheel , i dont think it happened that way considering where the mc finished but just my opinion . But its always the farangs fault even if it wasnt .

I managed to buck the trend regarding being blamed.

 

About seventeen/eighteen years ago I was driving my pickup in Pattaya one evening and turned right onto Sukhumvit.

As I moved off, a motorbike taxi with a passenger pulled out from a piece of waste ground immediately in front of me, causing me to hit it. The passenger ran off, the driver told me I was a "no good ferang'.

A friend of his rushed from the stand and asked him in Thai if he had sobered up yet. I didn't say anything about that immediately.

 

Police arrived and saw the vehicles. The policeman immediately started to give the taxi driver a hard time, as he could see from the positioning what had happened.

We were both summoned to the police station to sort it out. There, the sergeant on duty blamed to motorbike taxi and fined him four hundred Baht. He only had two hundred and had to phone a friend to borrow the rest.

By that time my insurance company rep had arrived, told the police that they wanted the motorbike impounded until the driver had paid three thousand-odd Baht for a new front bumper bar on my pickup. The motorbike was a brand new Honda Wave I remember.

I didn't even need to mention about the drunk driving comment by the friend.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

I managed to buck the trend regarding being blamed.

 

About seventeen/eighteen years ago I was driving my pickup in Pattaya one evening and turned right onto Sukhumvit.

As I moved off, a motorbike taxi with a passenger pulled out from a piece of waste ground immediately in front of me, causing me to hit it. The passenger ran off, the driver told me I was a "no good ferang'.

A friend of his rushed from the stand and asked him in Thai if he had sobered up yet. I didn't say anything about that immediately.

 

Police arrived and saw the vehicles. The policeman immediately started to give the taxi driver a hard time, as he could see from the positioning what had happened.

We were both summoned to the police station to sort it out. There, the sergeant on duty blamed to motorbike taxi and fined him four hundred Baht. He only had two hundred and had to phone a friend to borrow the rest.

By that time my insurance company rep had arrived, told the police that they wanted the motorbike impounded until the driver had paid three thousand-odd Baht for a new front bumper bar on my pickup. The motorbike was a brand new Honda Wave I remember.

I didn't even need to mention about the drunk driving comment by the friend.

Luckily you didnt mention him drink driving, he might have had the fine reduced due to mitigating circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I managed to buck the trend regarding being blamed.

 

About seventeen/eighteen years ago I was driving my pickup in Pattaya one evening and turned right onto Sukhumvit.

As I moved off, a motorbike taxi with a passenger pulled out from a piece of waste ground immediately in front of me, causing me to hit it. The passenger ran off, the driver told me I was a "no good ferang'.

A friend of his rushed from the stand and asked him in Thai if he had sobered up yet. I didn't say anything about that immediately.

 

Police arrived and saw the vehicles. The policeman immediately started to give the taxi driver a hard time, as he could see from the positioning what had happened.

We were both summoned to the police station to sort it out. There, the sergeant on duty blamed to motorbike taxi and fined him four hundred Baht. He only had two hundred and had to phone a friend to borrow the rest.

By that time my insurance company rep had arrived, told the police that they wanted the motorbike impounded until the driver had paid three thousand-odd Baht for a new front bumper bar on my pickup. The motorbike was a brand new Honda Wave I remember.

I didn't even need to mention about the drunk driving comment by the friend.

 

I had similar experience last year. Motorbike, big one, slammed into the rear of my car. Right outside the slip road to a big police station and opposite entrance to a hospital. The security guards from the hospital came over to see if the rider was ok and told the police what had happened. We were told to go to the station.

The Snr Sgt Major blamed the rider, who didn't deny it. It was fully insured. My insurance guy came quickly his rather slowly. He was fined 400 ThB and apologized nicely which I accepted nicely.

The police officer also surprised me with his excellent English, written as well as spoken, and the way he made sure everyone was comfortable and everything calmly handled.

 

Not always the foreigners fault and some police are professional.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...