Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

its 2am here in pattaya now folks, i am off to bed. i hope and pray that we have some news tomorrow about this unfortunate incident. i will log on tomorrow evening. come on pattaya police - nail the person in the night,, pleaseeeee....

Good Night pattaya_girl! Pleasant dreams and thanks for the posts.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDITORIAL

Time to clean up Pattaya

The murder of two Russian tourists should serve as a catalyst to improve the town's reputation

The brutal shooting of two Russian tourists on Saturday morning in Pattaya was shocking. This crime must not go unsolved. At stake is not only Pattaya's status as a world-famous resort but also the image of the Thai tourism industry as whole. Police have offered Bt100,000 as a reward for information leading to the arrest of the killer. He was captured on camera but the quality of the picture was poor. Police are still uncertain about the killer's motive. The two Russians arrived in Thailand on February 16 and were scheduled to leave on Thursday. The murders have affected confidence in the Thai tourism industry. The Australian, Canadian and UK embassies have issued travel advisories to their citizens, warning of the danger of crime. Australia, in particular, has been very sensitive to the safety of its citizens since the Bali bombing a few years back. The warnings will certainly affect tourism in Pattaya.

A similar tragedy occurred last year when a British lady was raped and killed on Koh Samui. Police, led by Lt-General Assawin Khwanmuang, were quick to nab two suspects. The Thai justice process worked quickly and the defendants received harsh sentences.

This time, Assawin was again quick to arrive at the scene in Pattaya with his capable staff. We do hope that he and his team, with the help of local police, will be able to solve this case quickly in order to restore law and order in Pattaya.

Russian tourists are very important to Pattaya and Thailand. They have deep pockets and tend to stay longer than other foreign tourists. They are good customers of local gift shops, restaurants and entertainment venues, not to mention the hotels and resorts. Some local vendors can even speak Russian, as do some local guides. There are numerous charter flights carrying Russian tourists to Pattaya. On one occasion, a chartered flight could not take off because the Russian passengers were overloaded with luggage and goods bought in Thailand.

One hotelier says the local authorities must work harder to provide safety for foreign visitors in Pattaya. Russian tourists, particularly young women, have become convenient targets for Thai teenage gangs, who snatch handbags and other valuables then escape on motorcycles. At least one or two crimes of this nature happen every month in Pattaya. More security measures must be provided to ensure safety for Russian women and other tourists.

According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand, last year the number of Russian tourists totalled 31,575, a big jump from 19,841 in 2005. Russian arrivals last year accounted for 2.5 per cent of all 12 million visitors to Thailand. The growing popularity of Thailand for Russian travellers has encouraged Thai Airways to begin direct flights between Bangkok and Moscow.

Pattaya has had its ups and downs. Yet over the past three years, it has significantly improved its image. It is booming again as foreign travellers opt for a short trip to the beach rather than travelling to Phuket and further afield. Water pollution in Pattaya has lessened as hotels have stopped pouring waste into the sea. Local administrators have worked hard to regulate city planning. The popularity of Pattaya has increased, as evidenced by new beach condominiums, hotels and resorts. It has an excellent exhibition centre at the Royal Cliff Beach Resort, an Underwater World and numerous other attractions.

However, one worrying trend, which is not new, is that Pattaya has become a haven for international gangs. Foreign mercenaries have also found it convenient to settle in Pattaya. We hope the authorities will keep a close eye on such undesirable visitors in order to prevent any outbreaks of violence. Those who have broken Thai law must be punished and prevented from returning to Thailand.

It is now time for the local authorities and the national police to clean up Pattaya even more. Law and order are necessary to ensure confidence. But first, the authorities must be able to bring those involved in the brutal killing of the two Russian women to justice as rapidly as possible. Then they can work on a broad security programme to improve safety in Pattaya for the long term.

The Nation

its 2am here in pattaya now folks, i am off to bed. i hope and pray that we have some news tomorrow about this unfortunate incident. i will log on tomorrow evening. come on pattaya police - nail the person in the night,, pleaseeeee....

Don't hold your breath! :o

Sleep well and don't let it bother you too much. :D

Edited by davethailand

Don't hold your breath! :D

Sleep well and don't let it bother you too much. :D

I agree from looks of it, MIB doesnt have a clue. :o

EDITORIAL

Time to clean up Pattaya

The murder of two Russian tourists should serve as a catalyst to improve the town's reputation...

...It is now time for the local authorities and the national police to clean up Pattaya even more. Law and order are necessary to ensure confidence. But first, the authorities must be able to bring those involved in the brutal killing of the two Russian women to justice as rapidly as possible. Then they can work on a broad security programme to improve safety in Pattaya for the long term.

The Nation

Amen to that! This is exactly the point I've been trying to make.

Pattaya police superintendent Colonel Sutin Trappuang said investigators were looking at prostitution, drugs and sex as motives.

Police are questioning known members of Russian gangs living in Pattaya and people at night entertainment venues on the city's Walking Street.

The Nation

26 Feb 2007

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/02/26...es_30027896.php

Well least they are looking at every angle?? :o

Well I think I'm going to crash, unless Paul makes another appearance in his pink thong, glass slippers, a tiara, feather boa, pasties, boxing gloves, and a I "Heart" BoyGeorge tee-shirt, I just don't think I'll have the strength to carry on.

Good night all!

Edited by TimTang

EDITORIAL

Time to clean up Pattaya

The murder of two Russian tourists should serve as a catalyst to improve the town's reputation

The warnings will certainly affect tourism in Pattaya.

restore law and order in Pattaya.

the local authorities must work harder to provide safety for foreign visitors in Pattaya.

Pattaya has had its ups and downs. Yet over the past three years, it has significantly improved its image.

Pattaya has become a haven for international gangs. Foreign mercenaries have also found it convenient to settle in Pattaya.

It is now time for the local authorities and the national police to clean up Pattaya even more.

The Nation

?

i have been on here all day today - and for this person to say this is totaly wrong and unjustified. there are some HEARTLESS people on this world but fortunately most of the words i have read today on here have been nice by most.... lets face it guys, there is always someone out there who thinks they know it all. THESE TWO RUSSIAN LADIES WERE SHOT DEAD - LIKE I KEEP ON SAYING - IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR WHAT THEY WERE PLANNING ect ect - IT DOESNT MATTER HOW MUCH MAKE UP OR HOW LITTLE CLOTHING THEY HAD ON......... THEY DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. THEY ARE DEAD, TOURISTS ON HOLIDAY... JEEZ.

Come on, nobody here has stated that anyone deserved to die!

Nicole had a helluva first post though, good it's been taken care of for now.

What comes to your posts, last 20 are more or less identical. Maybe it is time to rest.

Channel news Asia in Singapore is still reporting on propable cause, related to drugs or prostitution. Which is the logical conclusion in the beginning to start with.

I would be more worried if this turned out to be just a crazed out thai.

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :D

I have been in Jomtien area since 1999. Yes it is definitely getting violent and ugly. I have moved away now and had need to come into Pattaya in 2nd Road the other night and 2 bar girls and a mamasan dragged me out of my car as I parked it in front of their beer bar. I was actually going across the road. The threw me around a bit and it seemed like there was 6-7 of them within seconds. Not surprisingly the 1,500 baht in my shirt pocket went missing and THEY called the police accusing me as having damaged one of the girl's motorcycles as I parked my car!

No prizes for guessing what happened next eh?? Yep the next day I was compelled to pay for damage on the opposite side of the motorcycle that it should have been if indeed it was parked where they claimed. Oh yeah, that and no corresponding scratch on my car.

Yeah right... this is out of control and I will always always hate Pattaya, and anything to do with it. Sadly Jomtien is infected also now. I hope the Russians report this widely. I hope they stop coming to Pattaya or Jomtien until the police can start stopping these problems rather than being an integral part of it...

Pattaya is the bumho_le of Thailand. Jomtien is the armpits of Thailand. Pathetic places. Tragic about the girls.

The sad truth is this: until the tourists stop coming to these shiteholes.........nothing will change. :o

20+ golf courses is one reason to visit. Plenty of others I can think off from the top of my head. I never spent an uninteresting or bad day in or around Pattaya.

So, might I suggest that you take your disaffected attitude and self righteousness somewhere else. If you want to know about "shiteholes" I will gladly direct you to some. Pattaya, has it's faults, some of which have and are being addressed. There are IMHO plenty of alternatives in Thailand, some better, some worse, for vacations and for residence - this is a personal, relative judgement. Either way, I still visit Pattaya every time I am in LOS.

Your bombastic value judgements serve no useful purpose. Your fundamental Christian viewpoint also shows and is also irrelevant in this thread - if anywhere.

Now, as for the Russian presence - another issue. Having spent a year in Moscow, and plenty of time in Pattaya, I allow myself to make some observatios.

• Fact: There are plenty of Russians who have the financial capital, and opportunity to take vacations to tropical places.
  • Fact: Just like the Chinese, English, Irish, German, Japanese ... the Russians would like a Russian restaurant or two in the vicinity, as well as some Russian speaking locals. Not all Russians speak English! Just one more ethnic food to the colourful mix in Pattaya
  • Fact: Rssian tour operators and other businessmen move in to fill the need.
  • Fact: The increase in Russian tourists increases the number of resident Russians to meet the language and cultural needs.
  • Supposition: Organised crime sees a growing market and moves in, build lavish, expensively fitted restaurants etc. as laundries. Legitimate business is identifiable from this style of establishment for the trained eye.
  • Prediction: The local"crime syndicates" see this as a threat and "turf wars" result.

Now, this scenario has played out countless times all over the world. It is playing out in Pattaya now. The only issue is who will win - which group will turn out to be the most brutal, and how many people will die in the crossfire.

In Europe, the eastern europeans are by far the most brutal, and appear to win everywhere, except perhaps Italy.

In Asia, I am not certain that the local forces are without the ability to defend themselves, and they have cultural position and "the law" on their side.

I have left out the issue of Russian prostitutes, since I do not understand their market in Thailand. There would historically appear to be a clear link to organised crime and prostitution, so it is probably in the mix. Protection rackets etc. The two deaths that started this thread may be related.

No matter what, this tragic event may have some repercussions for Pattaya and Thailand's tourist industry - though the list of dead tourists keeps growing, and the number of tourists keeps increasing - so I could be wrong there.

If these two girls were indeed tourists, shot by a chair operator (which I think reasonably unlikely, but clearly with a probability greater than zero) then I will be personally surprised.

Dr. Dweeb.

Don't quit yer day job Dr. Dweeb......you have failed as a detective........I'm agnostic.

As far as Pattay being a shiit_hole.....compared with the rest of Thailand.......it clearly is for anyone with an open mind. Of course there are many, many worse places in the world. But this is a Thailand forum and the reference point is Thailand.....not the world.

Many murders take place in Pattaya/Jomtien area......the crown jewels of this lovely country.

Declared agnostocism is independent of the moral code to which you subscribe. You would be surprised how many "declared agnostics" have quite conservative christian religious viewpoints and are blissfully unaware of the connection, or why. In any case, read my subsequent post.

I may have misread my own post, but I do not believe I referenced the world. Please read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

There are many murders in Thailand, generally. There are other threads on this subject. I am not aware that Pattaya/Jomtien is specifically worse in this regard generally, or specifically with respect to falang victims. Anyone who has any fact is welcome to chime in.

The post was probably removed by the moderators, but yes, Nicole implied that they did deserve to die, and she supplied many reasons why, which got many people upset. You just missed the post.

Blah Blah Blah Religion Christians Agnostics Conservatives Politicians... I don't like Christians or Conservatives... Agnostics are undercover Christians...Blah Blah Blah

Excuse me, but don't you think you might be a tad off-topic here? Were talking about the brutal murder of two young beautiful Russian girls, in case you didn't notice.

Police search for two suspects in beachside slaying of Russian women

Police investigating the slaying of two Russian women who were shot dead as they waited for the sun to rise at Jomtien beach last Saturday are searching for two men, one of whom may have been a foreign national.

Video footage of the scene and a roadway show the gunman driven on a motorcycle by a tall, hefty man who appears to be a foreigner, police said.

Police believe he may have been on the same Siberian Air flight that carried the two women to Thailand on February 16, a senior police commander said yesterday.

Lt-General Assawin Khwanmueng said investigators were examining the passenger list of the charter flight, SBI 849. There were 201 passengers, including 10 children, he said.

Police have yet to determine whether the double homicide is linked to Pattaya's notorious sex trade.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were found dead in their beach chairs at 5am on Saturday.

Video footage from surveillance cameras showed a lone gunman shooting 10 rounds at the victims before fleeing on a waiting motorcycle driven by another male.

Vladimia Viprovin, the Russian consul in Pattaya who is assisting police investigating the crime, dismissed speculation that the women were sex workers. Both had full-time jobs in Russia and were on their first visit to Thailand, Vladimia said.

Based on the images from the video footage, Police say the killer is a tall and thin, non-western male.

They say footage from cameras at U Tapao airport, where flight SBI 849 landed, will be checked for more clues.

Police are also questioning unregistered tour guides to identify the one the women had hired shortly after they arrived. The male guide has disappeared, but his image is on a video camera belonging to one of the victims.

Pattaya police have questioned a Russian male who knew both victims and visited sites with them. The unidentified man and another Russian male were seen chatting with the women on Friday afternoon.

Police said the motorcycle driver could be a foreign national due to his large build and height, which was up to 180 centimetres, according to footage from cameras on a major road heading to Chachaengsao that was used as an escape route.

Acting Police Chief Seripisut Temiyavej said he believed the murders could have been ordered or carried out by foreign gangs in Pattaya. He threatened to take action against Pattaya's police for failing to deal with the problem of foreign gangs.

Pattaya police chief Colonel Suthin Phuangsab said he believed the gunman was a Thai. He claimed that there were no foreign gangs in Pattaya.

What a complete load of drivel, it seems that the police suspect anyone who has had contact with these ladies!.... and the Acting Police Chief says it could be a foreign gang where as the actual Police Chief (who is obviously in total denial) says there are no foreign gangs in Pattaya! If these really are quotes I cringe at the impression anyone outside of Thailand is getting of the competency of our MiB!

What was the source of this choice piece of Pulitzer Prize winning journalism?....it did not appear with the post!

Totally gobsmacked here!!

The post was probably removed by the moderators, but yes, Nicole implied that they did deserve to die, and she supplied many reasons why, which got many people upset. You just missed the post.

Well. don't know about that. Read post no:1.

All I know is that Pattaya Girl has been singing the same song for about 24 hours now and still don't have any basis for it.

Pattaya police have questioned a Russian male who knew both victims and visited sites with them. The unidentified man and another Russian male were seen chatting with the women on Friday afternoon.

Oh yeah and this one is choice.....after questioning the Russian male he remains "unidentified" and so does his mate! Not up to the normal MiB confession extracting techniques this one, they don't know who they have just spoken to....this has got to be just woeful, woeful, horrible, awful reporting.....please don't let it be true!

Police search for two suspects in beachside slaying of Russian women

Police investigating the slaying of two Russian women who were shot dead as they waited for the sun to rise at Jomtien beach last Saturday are searching for two men, one of whom may have been a foreign national.

Video footage of the scene and a roadway show the gunman driven on a motorcycle by a tall, hefty man who appears to be a foreigner, police said.

Police believe he may have been on the same Siberian Air flight that carried the two women to Thailand on February 16, a senior police commander said yesterday.

Lt-General Assawin Khwanmueng said investigators were examining the passenger list of the charter flight, SBI 849. There were 201 passengers, including 10 children, he said.

Police have yet to determine whether the double homicide is linked to Pattaya's notorious sex trade.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30, and Liubov Svirkova, 25, were found dead in their beach chairs at 5am on Saturday.

Video footage from surveillance cameras showed a lone gunman shooting 10 rounds at the victims before fleeing on a waiting motorcycle driven by another male.

Vladimia Viprovin, the Russian consul in Pattaya who is assisting police investigating the crime, dismissed speculation that the women were sex workers. Both had full-time jobs in Russia and were on their first visit to Thailand, Vladimia said.

Based on the images from the video footage, Police say the killer is a tall and thin, non-western male.

They say footage from cameras at U Tapao airport, where flight SBI 849 landed, will be checked for more clues.

Police are also questioning unregistered tour guides to identify the one the women had hired shortly after they arrived. The male guide has disappeared, but his image is on a video camera belonging to one of the victims.

Police said the motorcycle driver could be a foreign national due to his large build and height, which was up to 180 centimetres, according to footage from cameras on a major road heading to Chachaengsao that was used as an escape route.

Acting Police Chief Seripisut Temiyavej said he believed the murders could have been ordered or carried out by foreign gangs in Pattaya. He threatened to take action against Pattaya's police for failing to deal with the problem of foreign gangs.

Pattaya police chief Colonel Suthin Phuangsab said he believed the gunman was a Thai. He claimed that there were no foreign gangs in Pattaya.

What a complete load of drivel, it seems that the police suspect anyone who has had contact with these ladies!.... and the Acting Police Chief says it could be a foreign gang where as the actual Police Chief (who is obviously in total denial) says there are no foreign gangs in Pattaya! If these really are quotes I cringe at the impression anyone outside of Thailand is getting of the competency of our MiB!

What was the source of this choice piece of Pulitzer Prize winning journalism?....it did not appear with the post!

Totally gobsmacked here!!

Hub of Disappearances, ehh..

Would you take your chances to be honest? I wouldn't.

All I know is that Pattaya Girl has been singing the same song for about 24 hours now and still don't have any basis for it.

OK fair enough! But I was totally in agreement with what pattaya_girl said at the time because the post by Nicole was so far out of whack that everybody was offended. But to each his own.

Some people don't beleive me when I say crime is out of control in Pattaya and Jomtien. I have been in Thailand a long time moved to Jomtien to get away from the crime in Pattaya and now Jomtien is almost as bad. I hope the International press pick up on this so people will know of the dangers that face them by coming here for a holiday. Loosing face is no longer an excuse for Thais or anyone else. I only have 35 days left in Thailand thank God. I will have to stay covert in my condo.

P.S Anyone looking for a condo to rent in Jomtien please PM. me.

Cheers Tony :D

I have been in Jomtien area since 1999. Yes it is definitely getting violent and ugly. I have moved away now and had need to come into Pattaya in 2nd Road the other night and 2 bar girls and a mamasan dragged me out of my car as I parked it in front of their beer bar. I was actually going across the road. The threw me around a bit and it seemed like there was 6-7 of them within seconds. Not surprisingly the 1,500 baht in my shirt pocket went missing and THEY called the police accusing me as having damaged one of the girl's motorcycles as I parked my car!

No prizes for guessing what happened next eh?? Yep the next day I was compelled to pay for damage on the opposite side of the motorcycle that it should have been if indeed it was parked where they claimed. Oh yeah, that and no corresponding scratch on my car.

Yeah right... this is out of control and I will always always hate Pattaya, and anything to do with it. Sadly Jomtien is infected also now. I hope the Russians report this widely. I hope they stop coming to Pattaya or Jomtien until the police can start stopping these problems rather than being an integral part of it...

Pattaya is the bumho_le of Thailand. Jomtien is the armpits of Thailand. Pathetic places. Tragic about the girls.

The sad truth is this: until the tourists stop coming to these shiteholes.........nothing will change. :o

20+ golf courses is one reason to visit. Plenty of others I can think off from the top of my head. I never spent an uninteresting or bad day in or around Pattaya.

So, might I suggest that you take your disaffected attitude and self righteousness somewhere else. If you want to know about "shiteholes" I will gladly direct you to some. Pattaya, has it's faults, some of which have and are being addressed. There are IMHO plenty of alternatives in Thailand, some better, some worse, for vacations and for residence - this is a personal, relative judgement. Either way, I still visit Pattaya every time I am in LOS.

Your bombastic value judgements serve no useful purpose. Your fundamental Christian viewpoint also shows and is also irrelevant in this thread - if anywhere.

Now, as for the Russian presence - another issue. Having spent a year in Moscow, and plenty of time in Pattaya, I allow myself to make some observatios.

• Fact: There are plenty of Russians who have the financial capital, and opportunity to take vacations to tropical places.
  • Fact: Just like the Chinese, English, Irish, German, Japanese ... the Russians would like a Russian restaurant or two in the vicinity, as well as some Russian speaking locals. Not all Russians speak English! Just one more ethnic food to the colourful mix in Pattaya
  • Fact: Rssian tour operators and other businessmen move in to fill the need.
  • Fact: The increase in Russian tourists increases the number of resident Russians to meet the language and cultural needs.
  • Supposition: Organised crime sees a growing market and moves in, build lavish, expensively fitted restaurants etc. as laundries. Legitimate business is identifiable from this style of establishment for the trained eye.
  • Prediction: The local"crime syndicates" see this as a threat and "turf wars" result.

Now, this scenario has played out countless times all over the world. It is playing out in Pattaya now. The only issue is who will win - which group will turn out to be the most brutal, and how many people will die in the crossfire.

In Europe, the eastern europeans are by far the most brutal, and appear to win everywhere, except perhaps Italy.

In Asia, I am not certain that the local forces are without the ability to defend themselves, and they have cultural position and "the law" on their side.

I have left out the issue of Russian prostitutes, since I do not understand their market in Thailand. There would historically appear to be a clear link to organised crime and prostitution, so it is probably in the mix. Protection rackets etc. The two deaths that started this thread may be related.

No matter what, this tragic event may have some repercussions for Pattaya and Thailand's tourist industry - though the list of dead tourists keeps growing, and the number of tourists keeps increasing - so I could be wrong there.

If these two girls were indeed tourists, shot by a chair operator (which I think reasonably unlikely, but clearly with a probability greater than zero) then I will be personally surprised.

Dr. Dweeb.

Don't quit yer day job Dr. Dweeb......you have failed as a detective........I'm agnostic.

As far as Pattay being a shiit_hole.....compared with the rest of Thailand.......it clearly is for anyone with an open mind. Of course there are many, many worse places in the world. But this is a Thailand forum and the reference point is Thailand.....not the world.

Many murders take place in Pattaya/Jomtien area......the crown jewels of this lovely country.

Declared agnostocism is independent of the moral code to which you subscribe. You would be surprised how many "declared agnostics" have quite conservative christian religious viewpoints and are blissfully unaware of the connection, or why. In any case, read my subsequent post.

I may have misread my own post, but I do not believe I referenced the world. Please read what I wrote, not what you think I wrote.

There are many murders in Thailand, generally. There are other threads on this subject. I am not aware that Pattaya/Jomtien is specifically worse in this regard generally, or specifically with respect to falang victims. Anyone who has any fact is welcome to chime in.

I have just re-read your post. Your general rant about Pattaya included a "tragic about the girls" which I read to mean "the girls" in general (something we hear constantly from do-gooders) as distinct from 'the Russian girls' which are the subject of this thread. Had you been more specific I may not have misinterpreted your sentence.

nuff said on this now.

Blah Blah Blah Religion Christians Agnostics Conservatives Politicians... I don't like Christians or Conservatives... Agnostics are undercover Christians...Blah Blah Blah

Excuse me, but don't you think you might be a tad off-topic here? Were talking about the brutal murder of two young beautiful Russian girls, in case you didn't notice.

It is generally considered bad form to misquote.

In any case, the topic has become a little repetitive

OK fair enough! But I was totally in agreement with what pattaya_girl said at the time because the post by Nicole was so far out of whack that everybody was offended. But to each his own.

Sure.

Is that John Deacon on your awatar?

It is generally considered bad form to misquote.

In any case, the topic has become a little repetitive

Hi Doc, whilst I respect your right to defend yourself, it would appear that most of your recent posts on this thread are only doing just that, which in itself is a little repetitive. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not going into posting battle with you, but I do believe you have made your point.

Regards....TT.

It was a foreigner... no wait.. it was a Thai... oops it was a foreign chopper gang... but no it was Thai.

Since when is 180 cm considered tall? They use that height to rule out Thai men?

I guess since the killer didn't move like a kratooey we have to rule out the Thai men?

Sounds as if the police have no real clue or are deciding how to best solve the PR crisis.

I don't trust any information released by the Thailand PR machine. I am amazed at how carefully information is released to the press in this country that might damage Thai PR.

Just look at the tsunami. Information was carefully guarded so tourists wouldn't be afraid of coming to Thailand.

I am sure the TAT is just debating on whether they need the killer to be a local or a foreigner. Once they decide, the proper information will be released. They are just wishing they caught it sooner so it could have been swept under a rug without drawing attention.

Whose mobile phone was it? If they are self-employed in Russia and from wealthy families why are their flights paid for by someone in Thailand. Who have they been traveling with? Who were they calling at 4am in the morning? If they were shot from a distance, why was one shot in the front and the other from the back?

My condolences to the family and freinds of these two unfortunate Murder victims.

This matter is still under investigation.

I think that this again high lights the need for more effective policeing and efforts to increase public safety. If in fact foreign gangs are involved, then very severe measure need to be taken, to prevent this type of organized criminal activfity, and violent crimes. Proactive policeing needs to be undertaken.

Lets face it, murder is murder. The way its handled by the authorities does not matter. Its Thailand, and as long as you are a "white boy" or a farang who cares? They could care less as long as we are dumb eneough to keep pumping money into this third world dump, they will keep on taking our money. I know that all those "I have lived here for a 100 years, blah, blah, blah farangs" can't beleieve what happens here and bury thier heads deeper into the sand evrytime something ugly happens in the "Amazing Thailand". Live with it, they are corrupt and as ruthless as anywhere else, civilised people? I don't think so.