Two Russian Women Killed At Jomthien Beach

george

Two Russian women killed at Jomthien beach

PATTAYA: -- Two Russian women, both tourists, have been shot dead in the Eastern seaboard resort of Jomthien, adjacent to Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police said.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25 were killed when an unidentified gunman fired four shots from a 9 mm pistol, police said. Their bodies were found lying on the beach while their personal effects were left untouched.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the victims drinking alcohol and swimming earlier.

Initially, police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence. Police are searching for the operator to investigate.

--TNA 2007-02-24

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Geez!!!!

First it was The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

Now where will they go?

Time to find a suspect, any suspect, and have a very quick public lynching. That'll do it.

Guess they didn't read the book about not offending the face of a Thai.

If there is a silver lining in this horrid event, and there really isn't, I suppose it will be easier to locate a vacant beach chair for awhile. Also, people are likely to be really, really polite to the vendors.

Edited by Jingthing

PATTAYA: -- Two Russian women, both tourists, have been shot dead in the Eastern seaboard resort of Jomthien, adjacent to Pattaya, about 110 kilometers (70 miles) southeast of Bangkok, police said.

Tatiana Tsimfer, 30 and Liubov Svirkova, 25 were killed when an unidentified gunman fired four shots from a 9 mm pistol, police said. Their bodies were found lying on the beach while their personal effects were left untouched.

Witnesses reportedly told police that they saw the victims drinking alcohol and swimming earlier.

Initially, police investigators believed that the Russian tourists probably quarreled severely with a beach chair concessionnaire which led to the later violence. Police are searching for the operator to investigate.

--TNA 2007-02-24

This is shocking.

It goes way beyond the average bag snatch.

If it involves violence and Russians then it's usually not random at all. I bet there's a lot more to this.

================================================================

Yeap; Wintermute; I believe you are correct; of course there's more to this story that what we've heard sofar. I've lived and worked in Pattaya for almost 15 years now and I can tell you that there have been some pretty incredible encounters involving Russian citizens here.

As a rule; it is mostly kept "between Russians" and I would be surprised if this will not turn-out to fall into that same catagory.

Likely scenario could be: two Russian hookers (and there are litterally hundreds of them here !?) no longer desoire to pay-off their Russian pimps; these guys are not the pick-nick type and will go through extreme lengths to "save face" with regards to the rest of their "flock" . . . . tatsteless business, no kidding !

:o

--TNA 2007-02-24

The conclusion that a chair concessionnaire was a lilely perpetrator seems odd to me. Certainly possible but likely is odd. They are not hard to find and there is little that goes unnoticed on that particular stretch of beach.

The Nation

"Police said they were shot and killed on beach chairs on the Jomtien Beach at about 5 am. A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle. He checked the beach and found the two Russian women lying dead on the beach chairs."

What brave chaps these Thais are when they have a gun against two women sun bathing in deck chairs or when there are 12 of them kicking a drunk farang on the ground. No wonder their military is so pathetic - beaten by Laos in 1988, nealy beaten by Burma a couple of times and too cowardly to send reinforcements to help patrols under fire in the South.

Hookers? Talk about stereotypes.

....after checking in there on February 16 and were scheduled to check out on March 3 What two week hookers? :o

A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle.

yeah, i agree with those speculating allot more likely than a dispute with the beach chair vendors. Likely inter-Russian squabble or maybe they insulted the "man-hood" of some Thai guys that tried to pick them up :o

thais can have a short fuse for sure, but it's hard to imagine a scenario involving a farang and the beach vendor crowd that would lead to such an outcome...a few fists thrown, knife stabs maybe...but this...seems unlikely :D

Probably pimp killing.
sure they were just tourists?

That was my first thought too

If it involves violence and Russians then it's usually not random at all. I bet there's a lot more to this.

Yeap; Wintermute; I believe you are correct; of course there's more to this story that what we've heard sofar. I've lived and worked in Pattaya for almost 15 years now and I can tell you that there have been some pretty incredible encounters involving Russian citizens here.

As a rule; it is mostly kept "between Russians" and I would be surprised if this will not turn-out to fall into that same catagory.

Likely scenario could be: two Russian hookers (and there are litterally hundreds of them here !?) no longer desoire to pay-off their Russian pimps; these guys are not the pick-nick type and will go through extreme lengths to "save face" with regards to the rest of their "flock" . . . . tatsteless business, no kidding !

VERY classy guys ..... first thing you do is cast doubt on the 2 victims!

i go to jomtien beach often for picnics ect... the chairs are tied up through the night, and this happenned at 5am in the morning, it must have been still dark - so its unlikely they were arguing with the chair man, as there are not many people around at that time. the chairs are all tied up around trees ect through the night. maybe they untied them and helped themselves to free chairs - maybe the chair man was raged at this, they do lose there temper very quickly these thai people. maybe time will tell. i hope they catch the person who did it. this has put me off from going again now. this is very bad news for pattaya.

Not enough information to make any conclusion. I have a feeling it's not random. Someone very rightly mentioned, Russian and shooting, can't be random. Also as reported in the new article, the girls were drinking and swimming. No personal belonging was taken, definitely not a crime for money I think.

Hope to hear some more information, if at all it comes out.

Sunbathing on the beach at 5am come on, I know some of you are still up at 5am in Pattaya, it is still 2 hours until you see sunshine. Arguement with beach chair vendor and wait around until 5am for them to come up and shoot you, again irrational.

A set up 2 meet 2 hookers at 5 am in more likely and a paid assasination is almost a certainty. I hope the police can solve this one.

Probably pimp killing.
sure they were just tourists?

That was my first thought too

VERY classy guys ..... first thing you do is cast doubt on the 2 victims!

Why not? You have to admit the whole thing is very fishy. Loss of face is one thing but it's hard for me to believe that two women were killed by a beach concession guy who just happened to have a gun laying around. I'm well aquainted with Thai cultural "quirks" but I feel something is definitely amiss.

Sunbathing on the beach at 5am come on, I know some of you are still up at 5am in Pattaya, it is still 2 hours until you see sunshine. Arguement with beach chair vendor and wait around until 5am for them to come up and shoot you, again irrational.

A set up 2 meet 2 hookers at 5 am in more likely and a paid assasination is almost a certainty. I hope the police can solve this one.

Maybe a misprint for 5 pm. The deck chairs are not out that early in the morning.

Hookers? Talk about stereotypes.

....after checking in there on February 16 and were scheduled to check out on March 3 What two week hookers? :ermm:

A security officer of a nearby resort said he heard gunfire and saw a Thai man rushing up from the beach and fleeing on a motorcycle.

This and this indicate that citizens of the Russian Federation are not included in Thailand's Tourist Visa Exemption but can obtain a Visa On Arrival which permits a stay of 15 days. And this is exactly how the great majority of Russian hookers enter Thailand.

1) Jdinasia - Thanks

2) Can't tell anything more. For sure - something like big temper and maybe unpatient and not nice behavior both part made this sory come to terrible end. More information can get only today evening - now the official representative of Honourable Concil of Russian Federation in Pattaya is in Police department trying to investigate the case.

Edited by Abo Kor