Chiangmai Is So Hot Today .

Ta22

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is alot that i need to learn about english and westeren joke .

:D

alway happy to be the joker if it do bring a few laugh . to some people

:D cheer

Yeah, and there DEFINITELY is a difference between English jokes and Western jokes! Two cultures of comedy you'll have to study separately.

My English brother-in-law sits around watching re-runs of "Faulty Towers" (British sitcom), and laughs until he looks ready to split a gut. The rest of us non-Britishers just sit around and stare at him. :o

some years ago i did enjoy watching black ader and what the other show . with tha india guy saying " a thousand apology "

whhahaha mind your english or language . or some thing .. whahaha

bring those sweet old memory . i'm a Mr bean person . - some time when i watch Amercian Tv show on my statlite . i don't get the Joke really .

just like some of the O'brain conan show or letterman show . - some joke is funny but some just put me in a pond of ink .

Is this hot weather , when i think of doi shuthep .

is almost the month which i go up the mountian and find some nice place for my afternoon nap .

time to go service my honda dream a little if i wanna make trip up the mountian to my fav chiff for afternoon nap

Yeah, and there DEFINITELY is a difference between English jokes and Western jokes! Two cultures of comedy you'll have to study separately.

My English brother-in-law sits around watching re-runs of "Faulty Towers" (British sitcom), and laughs until he looks ready to split a gut. The rest of us non-Britishers just sit around and stare at him. :o

british humour tends to be a little more subtle than the slap stick that Asians and Americans tend to enjoy.In saying that,Faulty Towers is in a different class of it's own.... :D

Bloody hot though.....

talking about funny thing on a hot day do take away the heat .

my fan seem to be blowing hot air at me ..

" something about mary " is one of the many movie that i laugh my head off .

" duce gigolo "

i'm a stephen chow fan all his movie is funny

i drink so much water today make me feel bloated

british humour tends to be a little more subtle than the slap stick that Asians and Americans tend to enjoy.In saying that,Faulty Towers is in a different class of it's own.... :D

Bloody hot though.....

fawlty1.jpg

Not funny? :D

By the way, it was pretty hot this morning...

british humour tends to be a little more subtle than the slap stick that Asians and Americans tend to enjoy.In saying that,Faulty Towers is in a different class of it's own.... :bah:

Bloody hot though.....

fawlty1.jpg

Not funny? :D

By the way, it was pretty hot this morning...

Just don't mention the war.......... :D

How about naming some Spot which you would go to Chill out .

will need it really soon .

for me .. scrolling at the local MALL is good during a hot afternoon .

and of cos watching Movie .

- beside that is Doi suthep . beyond Doi pui . is still kinda cool .

what your cool spot ?

Has anybody seen a minimum / maximum thermometer for sale?

Yes, I got one from Robinson in Airport Plaza.

i get sun rushes easily

My wife used to get rushes too, when she was pregnant. Nothing to do with the sun though.

I enjoy most English comedy, but I can't understand most of that magazine called Private Eye! :o

Private Eye is mostly fairly "in" jokes referring to people in public life in the UK. The humour normally requires a bit of thought too.

Private Eye is mostly fairly "in" jokes referring to people in public life in the UK. The humour normally requires a bit of thought too.

well that's UG buggered then.... :D

My guess is that you have helpfully provided there an example of humour that requires a bit ot thought. When I have twenty or thirty minutes to spare, I'll come back and see if I can figure it out. . . . . No clues in the meantime, please! :o

well that's UG buggered then.... :o

Massive apple orgies to UG. That was NOT meant as a dig! It's just that Private Eye was aimed almost exclusively at those with Graduate level education, I suppose.

As an aside. One of my old, much loved and deeply respected friends was involved with Private Eye from the start, until his untimely death in about '96.

As an aside. One of my old, much loved and deeply respected friends was involved with Private Eye from the start, until his untimely death in about '96.

Peter Cooke

Willie Rushton ?

Only met Peter once - but I used to share an hour or two with Willie at least twice a week for some fifteen or more years before he died. He was a true gentleman and will always hold a great place in my heart.

Peter Cooke

Willie Rushton ?

Only met Peter once - but I used to share an hour or two with Willie at least twice a week for some fifteen or more years before he died. He was a true gentleman and will always hold a great place in my heart.

Willie Rushton was a regular on those "TV "panel" shows when I was a youth. He always came across as extremely intelligent with a great sense of humour.

. . . . I used to share an hour or two with Willie at least twice a week for some fifteen or more years before he died. He was a true gentleman and will always hold a great place in my heart.

Mine's not always such a gentleman, I suppose, but he holds a great place in my heart too. Unlike you, I am fortunate that he is still with me. You've got me thinking, though, that I should probably try to spend more time with him than I do.

Couldn't resist!

well that's UG buggered then.... :D

Massive apple orgies to UG. That was NOT meant as a dig! It's just that Private Eye was aimed almost exclusively at those with Graduate level education, I suppose.

I doubt if Al Gore could makes heads or tails of it. :o

Lots of local slang and multiple references to obscure figures who are unheard of outside of Britain make for a difficult read. Had a hard time reading Trainspotting for similar reasons.

This hot night is going to be problem - the Fan is really blowing hot air . and i am so hot

need to find some way to cool down at night .

anyone have some trick to cool down at night .. beside fan and aircon

Oh boy, you are in for a surprise when the real hot comes... I still have to turn on my AC this year.

A prolonged cold shower should help

This is the 7th years i am staying in chiangmai .

and maybe about 10 in thailand . but this year feel funny . and feb is kinda early usually is till late march . before the heat get to me .

i understand the real hot place is not in chiangmai 0 can't imagine else where .

i think issan and kanchanaburi would be like an oven .

i had been talking short shower about 6-7 shower since noon . whaha i think with the hot and cold treatment i would be getting sick from it .

anyone have some trick to cool down at night .. beside fan and aircon

I have two tricks for you:

1. Fill your bathtub with the coldest water you can. Get in and soak for 15 or 20 minutes, submerging as much of your body as you can, including as much of your head as you can and still be able to breathe. You should remain comfortably cool for up to couple of hours after you get out. Repeat as necessary.

2. When you go to bed, sleep on top of the bed with nothing on. Bring to bed some towels that you have wrung out after soaking in water, and put the wet towels over parts of your body. It will feel quite cool, and even cold, as the fan blows over you and the water in the towels evaporates.

Edited by Rasseru