1 Day Overstay

If I extend my current 90 Day Single Entry Visa by 7 days at Jomtien I will still be 1 day on overstay when I leave.

Does an overstay stamp indicate the number of days overstayed and is it recorded on the system.will it affect any future Visa applications.

i intend to apply for a Multi Entry Non O based of being in receipt of my UK State Pension from London when I am back in the UK.

The alternative of course is a Visa hop to Cambodia, approx. 2500 Baht,cost of Extension plus overstay fine 2400 Baht, is it better too air on the side of caution and do a Visa hop and not have an overstay stamp in my Passport ?

If you are leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay and the stamp will only state you overstayed less than 24 hours.

A one day overstay would not affect you getting the visa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are leaving from either airport in Bangkok you will not be fined 500 baht for one day of overstay and the stamp will only state you overstayed less than 24 hours.

A one day overstay would not affect you getting the visa.

Thanks Joe, 

27 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Think I asked this before but forget the answer, looking at the dates my Visa expires on a Sunday, if I go on the Friday will my Visa be exrended from that date on the Friday or the date it expires on the Sunday ?

It will start on Sunday.