Change from an extension based to Retirement back to Marriage

What is the process for changing from an Extension based on Retirement back to an Extension based on Marriage if you reside in Thailand. 

Up until last year I extended based on marriage.  Last year I went with a retirement extension in cut down on the paperwork and general hassle.  Now with the new regulations, I'm considering changing back to a extension based on marriage.  My 800k is in the bank for local emergencies.  I don't like being capped at only being able to access 1/2 of those funds.

What's the process for making that change back to an extension based on marriage if last year I extended based on retirement? 

not sure bud, but I am thinking the same, just going to rack up at the IO , with the dragon I guess and see what they throw at me. Photos, witnesses, heaps of photo copies etc.

For many years now I have had my UK pension paid into the local town Bangkok Bank, its a joint account, I always had a separate fixed deposit account for the retirement extension. Today I visit BKB and ask for the wife's name to be taken off the joint account, a big 'no can do' and much shaking of heads.

So I ask if I can open another account in just my name, oh yes, no problem there.

Just required passport, no yellow books,or pink ID etc, 300 Baht for a new ATM card and all done.

Just firing off a letter to UK pension office to notify of new account.

Now I should be able to go the income route for marriage extension, I hope and if the local IO accept it. 

• Like 1

Ubon Joe

Your thoughts

1. Retirement extension. My extension is due march 15 2019. If i do the extension before march 1st. Will i have to season the money for another 3 months n also not fall below the 400k? Or will i be exempt from the rules regarding?

2. Why do you say not show 800k if using marriage extension?

3. Back to question 1. If you are required to show your 800k is still being seasoned for 3 months after the extension n you are out the country at that time. ?

Thank you kindly

5 minutes ago, midnightsun said:

1. Retirement extension. My extension is due march 15 2019. If i do the extension before march 1st. Will i have to season the money for another 3 months n also not fall below the 400k? Or will i be exempt from the rules regarding?

2. Why do you say not show 800k if using marriage extension?

3. Back to question 1. If you are required to show your 800k is still being seasoned for 3 months after the extension n you are out the country at that time. ?

1. Not sure how immigration will handle extension due after the March 1st that are applied before that day. You would have to ask immigration about it.

2. Because the might insist on doing the extension based upon retirement since you would meet the financial requirements.

3. Not sure how they will be checking that requirement. They may not do that until you apply for your next extension. If you were out of the country I guess you would prove it when you return if they state it has to be done.

21 minutes ago, midnightsun said:

1. For example. If i do my retirement extension with the 800k method. Do i have to wait to until my extension is do to put into a marriage extension?

You would have to wait until you are within 30 days of when your current extension ends to change the reason for it.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Same as going from marriage to retirement that you did before.

Just show the required documents for an extension based upon marriage. Be sure you do not show enough financial proof for retirement.

Thanks!