Any news on that ferry from Pattaya to HuaHin area...?

Agusts

Yes,  I just found all the details on the web, it's running on schedule .. 

But it looks like they only take people,  no motorbikes, which I was really after... ???? 

Considering bikes are not allowed on 34 expressway,  I have to now find a reasonable route around it - which is not a pleasant one.... 

20 hours ago, Agusts said:

Yes,  I just found all the details on the web, it's running on schedule .. 

But it looks like they only take people,  no motorbikes, which I was really after... ???? 

Considering bikes are not allowed on 34 expressway,  I have to now find a reasonable route around it - which is not a pleasant one.... 

Why don't you take the ferry and rent a bike in HH?

Unless, you do not have 200b to rent one..

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Anyone who has their own decent motorcycle is probably not keen on renting something of questionable service history or facing the risk of extortion after a claims upon return that a pre-existing scratch is fresh and must be repaired & pair for... 

If it’s an option, taking your own transport is an attractive one.

At 2500 round trip its pretty much a tourist boat.....The locals will not pay these prices hence the ferry mostly runs about 60-70% empty.....

For a family of 4 thats 10,000 baht round trip which is not exactly cheap....

Edited by fforest1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Of course, a good idea,  but not apply here, I am buying and taking a bike from Pattaya to Phuket, I thought could shortcut to Hua Hin to avoid Bangkok,  but no chance... 

It's quite an adventure,  maybe a bit crazy but I have done some long trips before,  so not a problem,  and I take it easy,  one night in Hua Hin and another in Surat Thani,  then the last leg to Phuket, wish me luck, you always need a bit of that in LOS ....!  lol

Edited by Agusts

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Of course, a good idea,  but not apply here, I am buying and taking a bike from Pattaya to Phuket, I thought could shortcut to Hua Hin to avoid Bangkok,  but no chance... 

It's quite an adventure,  maybe a bit crazy but I have done some long trips before,  so not a problem,  and I take it easy,  one night in Hua Hin and another in Surat Thani,  then the last leg to Phuket, wish me luck, you always need a bit of that in LOS ....!  lol

why not post it?

8 hours ago, notamember said:

why not post it?

It's also an option to send it off ,  but I like to ride my bikes, it's not just for going down the watering holes or Big C, it's a chance to enjoy it, it's a Forza,  good for long distance...., what's the fun in posting it...!  I know I regret saying it.... lol