Proof of income for non-O based on marriage

Is it correct that I need to show proof of income to get a non-O based on marriage? I've seen that I need to show proof that I get at least 20,000 baht per month and that the family gets at least 40,000 baht per month. But I haven't seen anything about that in this forum and need to make sure it's correct. I'll apply for the visa in Kota Bharu, Malaysia. I appreciate the helpful people on this forum :) 

• Like 1

Has the Marriage Vise Baht amount changed? I thought it was either 400,000 baht in the bank or at least 40,000 baht shown in a Thai Bank every month. I will be happy when they done with their changes. I understand the new Retirement Rules, but I am still up in the air about the Marriage Visa

21 minutes ago, crees said:

Has the Marriage Vise Baht amount changed? I thought it was either 400,000 baht in the bank or at least 40,000 baht shown in a Thai Bank every month. I will be happy when they done with their changes. I understand the new Retirement Rules, but I am still up in the air about the Marriage Visa

no changes have been made to marriage extensions. 400k in the bank or 40k a month

• Like 1

to get the non o 1 year multiple entry you don't need to show financials at savannaket, laos or hcmc, vietnam.

you can get the single entry at vientienne also with no financials.

I think in malaysia you may need to show financials but someone else will confirm.

to do the extension of the non o visa nothing has changed, 400k in thai bank or proof of 40k a month income

55 minutes ago, troysantos said:

Is it correct that I need to show proof of income to get a non-O based on marriage?

Are you about applying for a non-o visa at a embassy or consulate or a one year extension of stay applied for at immigration.

8 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

OP is asking about a Non-O Visa, not extension. The KL Consulate web site states "recommended balance of 400,000 Thai Baht" as shown by a statement.  

it may help the OP to know the extension requirements for future reference so may find it helpful, some also get the 2 confused.

The consulate website of London and HCMC in Vietnam also state financials are required but in fact they are not so hopefully someone who knows will update the thread. (I believe they do require financials)

4 minutes ago, troysantos said:

ubonjoe ... asiaexpat is right - I'll apply for a non-O based on marriage, not the extension. I saw your PDF file about requirements for the extension. I'll apply for the visa at the Kota Bharu consulate in Malaysia. 

You will need to show financial proof to get a single entry non-o visa visa. Not sure about Kota Bahru but you may need to show 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Sorry for not showing this earlier. I copied and pasted this

"- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family )" 

from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website

mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15398-Issuance-of-Visa.html

I don't know how to interpret the 20K per person and the 40K per family. I do have 400K in the bank, but don't yet have 20K monthly income. 

Thanks for the help with this ????